PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Replacing Romans blind mech with sidewinder?

Not sure if this is the right forum, happy to move is there is another about craft/sewing etc...
Just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible/easy to do yourself and what I would need to buy to do it?
We have Roman blinds with the cord and wall cleat, but as we have a baby on the way I'd like to replace the mechanism with one of those sidewinder chains as they are safer.
I've contacted the Roman blind supplier and am waiting to hear back, but have seen kits on the Internet- just nit sure if the "conversion" is possible and I can't find anything where anyone seems to have done this, just lots about making your own blinds. Thanks.

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi catterlen :) You may find some help if you post this on the "In my house" board.
    Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport