new orange freephone number

Options
For those unfortunate enough to need to phone Orange customer services from a non-Orange phone, the freephone numbers given on previous threads no longer work. However, 0800 079 1050 gets you straight through.

Comments

• dianesmith60
    Options
    0800 0790440
  • ask66
    ask66 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, if the above numbers are not working then try 0800 801 080 (for both PAYG and contract) - found on www.saynoto0870.com - tried yesterday evening (Sunday) and worked fine.
  • iQueen
    iQueen Posts: 810 Forumite
    Options
    I have just telephoned Orange to cancel my Dial-Up account.

The number I used is: 0800 0790 283

It is the online shop number, but when you tell them your problem or query, they transfer you. :rotfl:
    Needs, NOT wants!
    No food waste since November 2010. :j
    No debts.
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Rang today, above number is still working.
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • eddowii
    eddowii Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 8 September 2013 at 2:45PM
    Options
    I rang the above number today from skype, at 8:52 am on sunday,
    and they said their offices were closed, and they are open at 8:00 am on weekends! makes no sense!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I have sent over 3 hours now trying to get a number for orange!! all i want is my pac code.... :(:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad: well, you get it...
    static.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_style_2/misc/mmt_newbiev2.gif
    EEK CHOIR!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eek:

EDIT: FINALLY worked on 0800 079 4040 but I was on the line for about 20 minutes. Total time wasted = 4hrs 20mins. doy! :moderately hapy now!: :money:
  • lbedge
    Options
    last week orange took 2.50 of my calling credit same thing happended a week b4, i got it back the 1st time as they at fault but this time i don't have 25p 2 cover the charge to ring cusomer services up 2 have it rectified, no way am i putting 5.00 credit on just for sake of 25p i have my rewards 4the month and simply don't need to top-up, reserve tank credit won't cover the 25p charge cos basically the dictate 2 u wat u can do with anything and everything even though it all boils down 2 money u have topped-up by.

i got a txt from orange last week with a new 0800 freephone number for payg customers to use from their orange fones without charge but deleted the txt, does any1 else know what im on about or have the 0800 number??
  • blue_shift86
    Options
    0800 0790440

This number works! Woo!
  • lilaccj
    Options
    I just called this number to try and help my elderly father cancel his contract, although eventually i picked an extention number that got answered the lady could not help, it also turns out that this 0800 number is NOT free of charge, the only other number is a mobile one, so- if like dad- they send wrong sim card, you can spend hours phoning costly numbers to sort out a simple problem.
  • Collabora
    Collabora Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    0800 079 0232 is the Exec office for EE. Office opening hours are between 08:00 and 20:00, Monday to Friday or 08:00 and 18:00 on Saturday
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    lilaccj wrote: »
    it also turns out that this 0800 number is NOT free of charge, the only other number is a mobile one, so- if like dad- they send wrong sim card, you can spend hours phoning costly numbers to sort out a simple problem.
    0800 numbers are free of charge although some networks charge you for making 0800 calls ...if you called from BT landline it would be free
    It's not just about the money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport