Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Large Yankee for prime £10.
    Asked sis to order me one as she's got prime. Cassis flavour plus a few others available.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

Hope everyone has a good day :A

Why oh why did I try those Stroopwafels? They are addictive :o

Put them on top of your mug when you have a hot drink, for about a minute or so. They become even more addictive :D
    My A was packed - I got in easily enough but getting out was very slow.

This is the first nice day we've had after two days of torrential rain with side roads running like streams, so maybe everyone's making the most of it. It is a balmy 7 degrees here, with sunshine.

My A was the same :eek: seeing what folks had in their trolleys though was :eek:

I had my lists all very carefully planned out and I gave up. I couldn't find three of anything I wanted and that was when there was anything I wanted :mad: I just did a muggle shop instead :o:o
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, I just called in at A to use up a Muller apg, went SS and asked SA to put apg through.

Was told I'd 'have to be taken to CS' for that.

Shop voided and off we went, SA said on the way that the SS tills in mine have had an update and now they don't take apgs, but CS would be happy to scan them.

I'm grateful it was only two items I was buying...

My SS tills haven't taken any apg's for a few weeks.
    Tried both ways of entering them, but transactions voided and had to go to CS.
    Not good when trying to use big ones :(
    Had no idea why, as work in a different store, so probably this update.
    No problems on normal tills.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    One for Savvy for Morrisons -

2 x Jacobs baked cheddar cheese biscuits £2 A v £1 M

1 x Bisto best chicken gravy granules £1.89 A v £1.50 M
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Saversue wrote: »
    My SS tills haven't taken any apg's for a few weeks.
    Tried both ways of entering them, but transactions voided and had to go to CS.
    Not good when trying to use big ones :(
    Had no idea why, as work in a different store, so probably this update.
    No problems on normal tills.

My local A's SS tills have had the update for at least a month. I just automatically go straight for the manned tills now if I'm using APG. Which is a PITA because there's always a queue for them :mad:

• Well, I just called in at A to use up a Muller apg, went SS and asked SA to put apg through.

Was told I'd 'have to be taken to CS' for that.

Shop voided and off we went, SA said on the way that the SS tills in mine have had an update and now they don't take apgs, but CS would be happy to scan them.

I'm grateful it was only two items I was buying...

Can't understand why you'd ask ask the SA to do it ? Talk about inviting problems ;)
    Been able to do it yourself for months now and still can today, no problem.
    Press KeyinCode and enter APG numbers....Been reported here dozens of times.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    tbw wrote: »
    2 different staff (Amex) both told me the same thing ie every shop is checked every year about 6 months prior to the promotion. (I did find this difficult to believe !) They said they need confirmation from the 'owners' of each outlet before they can list them.

Interesting. I wonder how they contact the ones that have gone out of business - there were at least 2 on the list, one went out of business about 16 months ago :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: But mine isn't blonde :p I bet the children enjoyed it :xmassmile

Her s isn’t Nellie it’s grey :eek:. Yes we all enjoyed it :D
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can't understand why you'd ask ask the SA to do it ? Talk about inviting problems ;)
    Been able to do it yourself for months now and still can today, no problem.
    Press KeyinCode and enter APG numbers....Been reported here dozens of times.

That method does not working on my SS tills. have tried it many times and each time it sends the till into meltdown and calls for staff, they can't sort it, nor can supervisors. All they can do is void transaction and send you to CS.
    The same thing happens if you do it the normal way on SS tills, but apgs work on manned tills.
    In another Asda I use above method works fine.
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Saversue wrote: »
    That method does not working on my SS tills. have tried it many times and each time it sends the till into meltdown and calls for staff, they can't sort it, nor can supervisors. All they can do is void transaction and send you to CS.
    The same thing happens if you do it the normal way on SS tills, but apgs work on manned tills.
    In another Asda I use above method works fine.

Doesn't work on mine either, SA said they had "switched it off" !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure