New Journey

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What a horrible day weather wise !

Spent the morning doing housework. Everything back to looking clean again.

Nipped Mr S and stocked up on GF stuff £7 spent.

Have been trying to just buy stuff like teabags, loo roll and washing liquid as I go and not having a stock in. It wasn't working for me so trip to HB today to stockpile . Spent £15.55 , some toiletries in there as well.

All transfers done , so feel rich.

Need to update signature, managed an extra payment of £23 this month on top of £50 I choose to pay . This has come from pay outs on PA .

• Windfall money is getting split as thus £200 to CC2 £100 to EF and £110 for a night away with my friend as she was the person who told me to claim.

That sounds like a very good split, I approve :)

Weather is horrid here too, gloomy, wet and very windy :eek:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    Glad you approve Hairy, at least someone else agrees with my split. Thank you .
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    In an old life it would have been spent on a want ! Now it will be split between savings , overpayment and a bit of fun.

Sorry, I thought I had said that I agree too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Beanie you probably did , I mean that I am useless at deciding and need some help to make sure I do the money justice . .
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Well I think you have made a great decision :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Good weekend , very productive , probably because weather was so awful yesterday.

Today was about shopping at Mr A £24.15 was a bit more than I thought it would be but within my budget so can't complain. Have lots in now.

A few spendy days coming up , chippy tea to pay for on Wednesday for some Australian convicts lol.
    Sunday trip out and lunch out , petrol to pay for.

Not much else though going on this pay month. Whatever happens it will have to be within budget.
  • I reckon you have made a great choice with the way you have split your windfall. It's very kind of you to think of your friend and planning to have a jaunt together and a great way to spend your "bit of fun money".

Now I am sure you mentioned a man a few posts ago - what have I missed?

Are you enjoying the newly decorated part of your home?

Haiving a clean and tidy house is a delight. I need to find the cleaning materials here - I really hope that when I open the cupboard of doom, also known as the under sink cupboard, I will find two little cleaning fairies but I actually believe it is more likely I'll find all the products dried up due to lack of use!!

Anyway enough of my nonsense, have a good week
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I spotted that too, Pauline. Cumbria has been keeping us in the dark! :p

I'm with you on the cleaning though, when my friend came the other day we stayed in the kitchen diner so that I didn't have to clean anywhere else :o
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • System
    On the cleaning thing , like to get it all done at weekend. The Hall is looking very bright .

With regards to man , he has been in and out of my life for the past 8 years , we are not destined to be together for all sorts of reasons . No he isn’t married ! . He is though my best friend and the consistent rock in my life .

We have no financial links , have our own rented accommodation etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure