Starting over...

Comments

• MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    hey , hope you are getting some good r & r , I am sorry to hear about your mum , I hope they can control the pain for her and she can sort out benefits and a reduction in hours.

I've not seen Discovery , I must check that one out thanks
    enjoy the weekend
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 February 2018 at 12:11AM
    Thanks Meena, she's ok some days and can barely move on others. I just want her to get sorted really...

I've had a brief look at housing options and, bearing in mind I'm only home one week in three until Halloween, I think Airbnb might be the way forward. Renting a studio apartment will work out more expensive than doing that, even after sorting a post office box if I need to. Some rooms around the area are £15/night, plus if it's a regular thing I could maybe try and haggle?

A frustrating hour was spent trying to get quotes for my car insurance, but my reg is too new for the posters to recognise it so I'll have to get on the phone on Monday. I'll pop to Halfords next week and sort out the numberplates.

Got a bit of a bargain in Mr A today - for some reason they had bags of bananas for 30p/lb. Nothing wrong with them so five narnars cost me 23p :cool: Batch of veggie pasta sauce is made so that'll last for at least tomorrow which is handy.

I had a bit of a brainwave today - courtesy of my ex's obsession with tech, my desktop computer is a year-old fancy pants iMac with a (quite frankly ridiculous) 27" screen, 5k retina and a bunch of other stuff I don't know anything about. It cost nearly !!!8364;3k last January so I'm wondering if I can sell it and get a smaller and more useful MacBook, maybe make a few quid too. Something to look into methinks...

Today so far:

- See cousin and her little girl (expected spend about £4) Done, didn't spend a penny
    - Pick up dry cleaning (£16.50 to be paid) Done
    - Bits and bobs shop (max £5) Done, cost £9.33
    - Take pics of a few clothing items I want to see and pop them on my local buy/sell/swap page Done, and I found some jewellery to flog too
    - Tidy flat Well, the bedroom's done!
    - Sort set lists for Sunday and Mon/Tues Done
    - Look at second hand ovens for Mum's present (not very exciting, but much needed if she stays in this flat!!) Work in progress
    - Social media Done
    - Sort out gift for my friend's baby shower Still to buy but decided
    - Car insurance (approx a gazillion pounds...) Need to do this Monday
    - Order numberplates To do next week
    - Update finances Done
    - Watch as much of the Winter Olympics as I can! And what fun it was!

Also got my 10,000 steps in! Good day today
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • ladymay
    Morning :hello:

Really struggled to get out of bed this morning *yawn*

First gig in Devon in THIRTEEN YEARS today!! Fingers crossed at least one friend will be there which means they can record a few videos for me to put up on social media pages.

Plans for today:

- Gig
    - Clean all jewellery
    - Post jewellery I want to sell
    - Go over set list for tomorrow
    - Create late spring marketing blurb
    - Look into selling Mac
    - Research PLI (there might be a cheaper option than the union)
    - Go through backing track library
    - Email volunteer co-ordinator
    - Research promo video costs
    - Research new backing track software
    - Blitz flat
    - Go through wardrobe and see if there's anything I want to get rid of
  • ladymay
    Evening all,

The gig went really well - they've booked me in for two Friday nights later this year. They pay twice as much as Sunday afternoons so very happy about that!

My to do list hasn't really been dented at all - feeling tired for no good reason tonight so giving myself the evening off doing anything else.

So my list tomorrow is pretty much half of today's, plus a doctor's appointment and two gigs :cool:
  • ladymay
    Morning!

Off to the doctor's today to discuss my migraines and anxiety, first one with the new place so fingers crossed they're nice :D

Long list today:

- Sort out car insurance
    - Clean all jewellery
    - Post jewellery I want to sell
    - Two gigs
    - Create late spring marketing blurb
    - Look into selling Mac
    - Research PLI (there might be a cheaper option than the union)
    - Go through backing track library
    - Blitz flat
    - Go through wardrobe and see if there's anything I want to get rid of
  • ladymay
    edited 19 February 2018 at 8:52PM
    Oh boy, I'm not sure what's wrong with me atm but my energy levels are shocking! I'm shattered and I've no idea why (she says having been through the most stressful time of my life :o )

I'm really not making a dent into my lists, so tomorrow I'm sticking to the essentials:

- get car insurance and breakdown cover sorted and cancel Irish policies
    - go to dentist to get night guard fitted
    - go back to doctor and sort out repeat prescription (I didn't have the right details for my migraine meds today)
    - banking
    - send receipts for cash received today
    - send follow up emails re: shows today
    - find or buy adaptor plug
    - gig

Then, and only then, can I look at further chores. I have no plans Wednesday - Friday so that gives me three full days to get my February list done.

In other news, Mum's been told by her doctor they're prepared to give her a letter explaining her inability to work full time so she's off to the CAB tomorrow to find out where she stands with benefits. Once I get paid by everyone this week I can give her £150 so that'll take the pressure off her a bit.

My new doctor is lovely and very understanding, I've got some information about the private mental health clinic attached to my GP's surgery so going to look into it this week.

I think I'm going to watch the Olympics highlights and head to bed with a book.

Night all xx
  • ladymay
    My day in a nut shell...
    1. Realised my water bottle was leaking in my bag.
    2. In the process of getting some papers out of my bag, I dropped one and it flew into someone's garden.
    3. Rather than open the gate like a normal person, I picked up the paper over the top of the gate (you see where this is going...).
    4. The gate lock WAS NOT AS STRONG AS I THOUGHT and I promptly fell A over T through the gate into the garden.
    5. The owner of the gate came out to see why the Bridget Jones of Torquay was flashing her 70-deniered backside in a heap on his footpath.
    6. Full of pity, he said he'd close the gate after me.
    SHAME.
    *Bell toll*
    SHAME.
    *Bell toll*
    SHAME.

Proper update later :rotfl:
  • ladymay
    Well I have a few new bruises, and not just to my dignity :rotfl: I have a scraped knee for the first time in 25 or so years and a bit of a sore back but I'll be fine in the morning :D

- get car insurance and breakdown cover sorted and cancel Irish policies Almost complete
    - go to dentist to get night guard fitted Done
    - go back to doctor and sort out repeat prescription (I didn't have the right details for my migraine meds today) Done
    - banking Done
    - send receipts for cash received today Done
    - send follow up emails re: shows today Done
    - find or buy adaptor plug Done
    - gig Done

I need to send off my insurance docs to cancel the Irish insurance in the morning (once they've dried off) but other than that I got everything done today. Migraine prescription will be ready on Thursday, night guard fits perfectly (although I think it'll take a little getting used to), new insurance and breakdown cover all sorted and one of my new nursing home clients from yesterday has already asked me to call them to rebook. Oh, did four surveys on PA and I got my new numberplates done so once my brother's free we can fix them on the car. Other than making a complete fool of myself it was a good day!

Spends today (oh Lordy):

- £607 car insurance :eek::eek::eek:
    - £44 breakdown cover
    - £30 numberplates
    - £2.50 groceries
    - £1.68 toiletries
    - £5.50 misc for business

I have a ton to do this week but no more non-computer work til I head back to the ship on Monday so no reason I can't smash my February list :)
  • ladymay
    Morning!

The night guard made for an uncomfortable night - I ended up giving up on it in the early hours so I could get some sleep! I'll try again tonight..

Plans for today:

- Send off the (now dry) documents to cancel my Irish insurance :rotfl:
    - Bank cash received yesterday
    - Send receipt and follow up email for yesterday's show
    - Update finances
    - Grocery shop
    - A few surveys if they come up
    - Chase final Irish invoices :mad:
    - Call nursing home from Monday and rebook :D
    - Learn two new songs for open mic tonight
    - Look at February list
    - Open mic :D

Trying a couple of new songs tonight at my local open mic, so much fun!
  • ladymay
    Just catching up with yesterday's list

- Send off the (now dry) documents to cancel my Irish insurance Done this morning by Recorded Delivery
    - Bank cash received yesterday Done
    - Send receipt and follow up email for yesterday's show Done
    - Update finances Done
    - Grocery shop Done
    - A few surveys if they come up Done
    - Chase final Irish invoices Done
    - Call nursing home from Monday and rebook MUST do today
    - Learn two new songs for open mic tonight Done, both are staying in the set
    - Look at February list MUST do today
    - Open mic so much fun!!

Expenses yesterday:

£37.20 groceries
    £13 night out

Good day yesterday! Having few distractions and concentrating on myself and music has been a positive step, and last night was such a lot of fun :D a couple of local festival organisers were there and both dates I was invited to perform (they would have been great platforms for publicity) I'm on the ship which is frustrating but that's the price I'm paying this year for some financial security. Booooo!

Main job for today is to go through each room in the flat (barring Mum's room!) and tidying, cleaning and giving everything a place - Mum and I are both quite messy and it makes me feel so much better to have a tidy space :) only thing with this plan is I have to tear myself away from the Olympics and I'm completely addicted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family