PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018

Comments

• donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 9:03AM
    Morning all

Donna hope you got some sleep in the end. I had to cope with DH snoring and DS coughing all night.x

Thank you yorkshirelass, i have a little DS with a terrible cough too, I can't believe he manages to stay asleep with all the coughing, hope you;re not too tired today x

Got to episode 4 of Requiem so think I finally nodded off about 3:30, only to have alarm go off at 6:30, feel like death warmed up, had to get a bed and 3 wardrobes out for special collection from bin men today, garden looks empty without it all piled up

enjoying a lovely hot water and lemon before i start getting the househould rubbish out
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Donnajt sorry about the pain and lack of sleep - rubbish isn't it when you eventually drift off only to be woken by an alarm.

JoJo be nice to get away - hope it's not the same B&B Himself used to frequent!

ATB not good to have skin flare ups plus an eye infection - that's just mean of Mother Nature! Sorry to hear about DH not getting work in; we're hanging on by the skin of our teeth til April when he'll hopefully start his new job. Hopefully your husband's work will pick up again soon.

Feeling like my old arch nemesis Anxiety is starting to creep back so need to try to keep myself busy today whilst still being kind to myself. The potential horse I thought I had found is not right for me as gives my back twinges due to me having to keep kicking him on so will have to let him go. Woke up countless times in the night feeling sick, tight chest and am now so tired with a stinking headache. Going to do some flying and see if a bit of exercise helps plus I'll feel better if the house looks a bit better. Got WM and DW on already.

Anyone fancy a HHC at 9.45?
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Mumof2_2
    Made a good start and just got this left:

Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Vacuum the floor
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter

Will carry straight on for another one now.
  • Mumof2_2
    Use these left now - stopped for a coffee!

Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    Vacuum the floor
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Great flying Mumof2 :T Sorry about the horse not being good for you. You will find the right one soon.

Got home late from college last night to be greeted by DH with "We've got 3 people coming for lunch tomorrow!" Bang goes my long essay writing day :( However, it's DS2, DDiL2 and DGS4, so I shall be very pleased to see them and can hopefully get some help with my essay from DS2, who is in the same line of business, so to speak. A nice warming butternut squash soup is cooking as I type, and DH won the F&V box in the SW raffle yesterday, so we have plenty of food without having to do any extra shopping :)

I have S&S'd the kitchen and DH said he was going to run the Dy$0n round the ground floor after he'd had his shower :A but he hasn't had his shower yet :mad: I must go and remind him...!

(((Hugs))) spoons, sticks and GWS wishes to all in need x
  • Just back in. Poor DS fell over in the playground and splatted his nose. Lots of blood, tears and upset but a small packet of Haribo eventually calmed him down!

Took elderly relative food shopping and to do some admin jobs, dropped her home and walked the dog. Got 20 mins admin to do for DH now then will make an early lunch. Afternoon priority is ebaying x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just back in. Poor DS fell over in the playground and splatted his nose. Lots of blood, tears and upset but a small packet of Haribo eventually calmed him down!

I just got back from collecting Dot.. she has smashed her glasses into her face, grazed both knees and her forehead and badly bruised her thumb. I am utterly boiling but I guess the extra walking is good for my lardy arris!

I had run the DW and both WMs before I left though.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen wrote: »
    I just got back from collecting Dot.. she has smashed her glasses into her face, grazed both knees and her forehead and badly bruised her thumb. I am utterly boiling but I guess the extra walking is good for my lardy arris!

I had run the DW and both WMs before I left though.

Poor lamb I hope she's ok xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,996 Forumite
    Poor lamb I hope she's ok xx

she jumped all the way home from school, fiddled on the frames in opticians and had 4 sandwiches for lunch... she may need stitches in her forehead but I think she is fine ;)

I hope yours recovered from his bump too.. they all need wrapping in bubble wrap!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    *Healing vibes* for bumped and splatted Flykids.
    My skin's not at it's best - cold outside, central heating indoors isn't a good combination at this time of year, and the after-effects of too much rich food over Christmas probably doesn't help.
    *Work turning up vibes* for those whose livlihoods are tricky at the moment.
    Jojo, the Dolphin is our local - we live about 200 yards away. If you want a Flylady meet PM me, if not I'll wave in the direction of both the Dolphin and Minerva and wish you both a happy time in Devon. Chazza shop finds are few and far between these days; they're getting amazingly professional at not overlooking treasure and they all seem permanently stuffed with customers looking for bargains and haggling.

Kelpie's been for his hydrotherapy and I'm working on his snuffle blanket, on which I hope to feed him at teatime. Best get cutting and threading. I'll do a bit of vacuumming a bit later, once I've finished it. Kitchen straightened, DW on and washing drying on the line.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport