Batten down the hatches.....

Comments

• Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Sunday 3rd September
    * NSD
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey

Monday 4th September
    * £4.30 in C0sta for coffee and cake, met my friend for a catch up :)
    * £5.17 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * Y0ugov survey

Tuesday 5th September
    * £15.50 in H0mebase.
    * £6.50 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll survey
    * PA survey

Wednesday 6th September
    * £21.45 in W1lko
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * £40 payout received from 0nepoll and transferred to my CHEFS account which now stands at £327.26 :j:T

Thursday 7th September
    * £4.22 in T3sco
    * £4.90 in the C0-op
    * 0nepoll survey

Friday 8th September
    * NSD
    * Y0ugov survey
    * 0nepoll survey

Saturday 9th September
    * £4.35 in T3sco
    * £26 at the craft group
    * £3.99 for a gorgeous emerald green cardigan in a chazza :)
    * £18.54 in L1dl
    * £4.96 in H0mebase
    * £21.35 in H0me B@rgains
    * £30.01 for fuel
    * PA survey

Sunday 10th September
    * NSD

Monday 11th September
    * £1.60 in T3sco
    * £9 for some 2nd hand craft supplies
    * £4.30 in for another C0sta visit with a friend
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * 25p roadkill found

Tuesday 12th September
    * £18.59 in T3sco
    * £17.49 for a gift experience with £1.51 tracking on TCB
    * Y0ugov survey

Wednesday 13th September
    * NSD
    * 0nepoll survey
    * PA surveys

Thursday 14th September
    * £3.19 in the C0-op
    * £30 for a joint birthday present
    * £30 for fuel
    * 0nepoll survey
    * PA surveys
    * VO surveys

Friday 15th September
    * £5.10 in T3sco

Saturday 16th September
    * £3 in P0undworld
    * £30 in Asd@ for a cardigan, undies, vase and 2 tealight holders :o
    * £1.56 in H0me B@rgains
    * £23.73 in L1dl
    * £29.62 in M0rrisons for a sandwich toaster, cute memo board an a few groceries

Sunday 17th September
    * NSD

Monday 18th September
    * £17.69 for cat food, used a 25% off voucher and 98p tracking on TCB
    * Y0ugov survey
    * 0nepoll survey

Tuesday 19th September
    * £9.16 in T3sco
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * VO survey
    * PA surveys

Wednesday 20th September
    * NSD
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * VO survey
    * Y0ugov survey

Thursday 21st September
    * £4.29 in the C0-op
    * £11.50 in Asd@
    * £49.35 in M0rrisons for birthday presents and a thank you bottle of vino
    * £30.01 on fuel
    * 0nepoll survey
    * Joined NewV1sta and they credited 500pts (£5) - can't cash out until £50 though :)
    * Y0ugov survey

Friday 22nd September
    * £2.79 in the C0-op
    * £7.99 in TKM@xx
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * 0pini0n Outp0st survey
    * PA survey
    * VO surveys

Saturday 23rd September
    * NSD
    * Opini0n Outp0st survey
    * i-S@y survey
    * PA survey
    * 7 items listed on Shp0ck

Sunday 24th September
    * NSD
    * NewV1sta survey

Today
    * NSD
    * Y0ugov survey
    * 0nepoll surveys
    * PA surveys

So yeah, quite spendy. I haven't listed a catalogue account purchase as I'm waiting for my returns to credit but I know I'll have spent £106. I'm quite conscious that I don't have many "work suitable" clothes as I spend most of my time in a uniform or pj's. Never pj's at work though :rotfl: And I probably should be a bit more prepared for my new job, plus it goes with my September theme of spending like there's no tomorrow :o:o:o

Over the last month, I've bought a pair of black trousers, a black plain top, white shirt and 4 cardigans. Love me cardigans :D I've bought one in plain emerald green, teal, mulberry and mustard. All pretty basic stuff but it should get me through a bit, and I do obviously have a few other things already. Mix and match is the plan. Or I'll create my own uniform which will consist of black trousers with a plain white or black top and a colourful cardigan....with the odd patterned top thrown in for special occasions :rotfl:

I shall be back to catch up with diaries :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    You are a girl with a plan and it will all come good in the end, but it sounds stressful. Maybe give yourself a 'surviving the house sale' fund to treat yourself over this difficult hump (and that is all it is).
    Sorry about the rubbish atmosphere at work but hold on to the fact that you have an out.

Hoping for good news soon :)

Thanks DIA for your positive reassurance, I know things will be ok but just when I'm in the middle of it, it's so hard. I've waited so long so I can wait a bit longer, but then I've waited so long, I just want it to happen immediately :o;)

Funny you should say that but I've just been looking at 2 night coach holidays in November. Turkey and tinsel :eek: I might just have enough leave to take a day off and be able to go for a mini break once I've moved. The ones I've seen are £90-100 so I can cover that plus it'll be nice to get away. My sil knows a cat sitter in my new area so that won't be a worry, so I think I'll do it. Not quite a cruise but it'll be nice :cool:

Yes definitely have an out from work :T:T

Thanks for popping by and leaving nice words x :)
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi Ena,

Sorry to hear the move has been so stressful, it really is the worst just waiting and waiting... There's a 'waiting to exchange' thread on here which I found super supportive when I was moving last year, everyone is in a similar situation. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. I do sometimes wonder why it all takes so long but perhaps it's easy to have that view from the outside and to expect things to move more quickly.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • Hi Ena, sending you whatever vibes get things going!! The part before exchanging is always the worst and it never seems to go through easily, but 3 months from now it will all be different, keep your chin up and book that great weekend x
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • Hope you get moved in very soon! Fingers crossed xx
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope all comes together really soon.
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi Orange Ena,
    I know you have bigger things to think about than boiler insurance so hope you don't mind me asking but does your emergency household insurance for things going wrong also cover your boiler? Your company seem to be good at turning up and helping out :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hi Orange Ena,
    I know you have bigger things to think about than boiler insurance so hope you don't mind me asking but does your emergency household insurance for things going wrong also cover your boiler? Your company seem to be good at turning up and helping out :)

Interested in the answer to this but AFAIK not.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lcc86 wrote: »
    Hi Ena,

Sorry to hear the move has been so stressful, it really is the worst just waiting and waiting... There's a 'waiting to exchange' thread on here which I found super supportive when I was moving last year, everyone is in a similar situation. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. I do sometimes wonder why it all takes so long but perhaps it's easy to have that view from the outside and to expect things to move more quickly.

Thanks lcc, I might just take a look at that thread, although reading other people's frustrations might make me worse :o Weeks go by with no action, or so it feels. I think it's my buyers solicitor holding things up now so I've been pestering mine to chase. I feel like I've got to make a nuisance of myself now so he'll want me off his back :rotfl: Still, got to be done :D

Hi Ena, sending you whatever vibes get things going!! The part before exchanging is always the worst and it never seems to go through easily, but 3 months from now it will all be different, keep your chin up and book that great weekend x

Thanks gonna, taking all the good vibes and fingers crossed I can get. I need some good news now! I hope so, at Christmas it could all be a distant memory and I'll be in my new job, in my new flat in my hometown and can forget the stress of the last few years. Sounds idyllic ;):)

catriona79 wrote: »
    Hope you get moved in very soon! Fingers crossed xx

Ah thanks Catriona, me too. I'm driving myself crazy ;) xx
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Hope all comes together really soon.
    Keep plodding :)

Thanks beanielou, yep, I'll keep plodding, keep waiting :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family