problem with hdmi input on onkyo HT-R390 A/V receiver :(

hi guys,
I've recently bought an Onkyo HTS 3405 surround sound (HT-R390 receiver) and I'm having issues with the HDMI input..

I'm trying to connect my laptop (Dell XPS 15) to the SS system but when I connect it into the HDMI input on the AV receiver:
Laptop >hdmi> AC receiver >hdmi> TV, it flickers on and off repeatedly like it is struggling to connect :s.

I also had the problem with my new blu-ray player (Panasonic DMP-BD60) where it cuts sound out every 5 or 10 minutes for a few seconds, some time it cuts out picture too and the HDMI light on the receiver goes on and off.

At the moment I have had to connect the laptop and blu-ray to my TV (Sony 40EX503) and then have the audio go through the SS via an optical cable, something I didn't want and shouldn't have to do.

Anybody have or know of this issue and how to resolve it?
Or, anybody with more knowledge than me that can help? :(

Thanks in advance.
fazza82

Comments

• alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Old thread i know but i am having a similar problem with this unit using it on an LG smart tv but in my case the sound stops every 15 seconds or so.

I changed the set up to use optical and its working ok but as you say it should work through the HDMI connection.

Anyone else had this or know about a fix ?
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You two need to get yourselves onto avforums.com for such model specific issues. You'll find a thread for your model (or at least make) of amp and loads of people complaining about the tiniest of issues it took them ages to find...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure