Backdated Marriage Allowance

In April 2017 I applied for marriage allowance.

(I am the low earner - approx £8,000 pa and my husband is the high earner at approx £40,000 pa so applied for my unused tax allowance to be transferred to my husband.)

I have just logged on to my personal tax account at Gov.uk to check the status as my husband has never received a cheque for the back dated years 2015:2016 and 2016:2017.

On my personal tax account it gives the following info:

2017 to Present - Active
2016 to 2017 - Applied for Marriage Allowance retrospectively
2015 to 2016 - Applied for Marriage Allowance retrospectively

Have I missed something, I can't imagine it would take a year to receive this payment. Nothing has changed from the previous years and as far as I understand we should be legible. Hope someone can help?
Many thanks

Comments

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    BipBop wrote: »
    In April 2017 I applied for marriage allowance.

(I am the low earner - approx £8,000 pa and my husband is the high earner at approx £40,000 pa so applied for my unused tax allowance to be transferred to my husband.)

I have just logged on to my personal tax account at Gov.uk to check the status as my husband has never received a cheque for the back dated years 2015:2016 and 2016:2017.

On my personal tax account it gives the following info:

2017 to Present - Active
    2016 to 2017 - Applied for Marriage Allowance retrospectively
    2015 to 2016 - Applied for Marriage Allowance retrospectively

Have I missed something, I can't imagine it would take a year to receive this payment. Nothing has changed from the previous years and as far as I understand we should be legible. Hope someone can help?
    Many thanks

You might do better to look at HIS personal tax account and P2s, looking for any evidence of an unexpected windfall.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure