Single DFW

Comments

• Everyone's getting coupled up, it's just like real life.

:cry::grinheart

Happy for you all x
    Total Debt: £0 [STRIKE]£33,043[/STRIKE]
    Official DFW Nerd No. 763
    :jDMP start date Aug 2011~DFD Aug 2013 :j
  • How are the rest of the singles doing? I'm having a quiet night... little bit down and missing the ex... shouldn't be, but I am :-(
  • Another S.A.D. here to join any of you that are left lol.

LondonGirl recommended this thread to me and I'm so glad she did.

I've spent all Saturday night reading it lol but at least I'm not out spending money.

I've been technically single for a year exactly minus a blip for a couple of months which ended in July. I have a DD who will be 12 in a couple of days and a mountain of debts. My sig isn't up to date as I haven't been on here for a while but I must admit reading this and checking in on LG's diary has me motivated again.

Usually I don't mind being single. I like to do what I want when I want. I have every other weekend free when DD is at her dads but it's the thought of another Christmas alone. I know it will be less expensive to be single but it's the time of year I dread.

So....I will be checking in regular with you guys to keep me going.

Lil
    xx
    23.11.11-LBM-[STRIKE]£10162.10[/STRIKE] Outstanding-18/11/12-[STRIKE]£10782.39[/STRIKE] Outstanding-£9949.52
    S.A.D. And Proud Of It
    Member #29 Of 20p Savers Club: £5.00/£100
    POAMAYC In 2013 Member #28: £0/£2500
  • Usually I don't mind being single. I like to do what I want when I want. I have every other weekend free when DD is at her dads but it's the thought of another Christmas alone. I know it will be less expensive to be single but it's the time of year I dread.

Hi My Lil Revolution. Do you mean completely alone or Just without a partner? I'm down about Xmas being recently single but clinging onto the fact that as long as I have my DD with me not much else matters. She does go to her Dad's for a couple of hours on Xmas day (so I have the post xmas lunch nap!) but I get most of it.

Like you my DD goes to her Dad's every other weekend. This is the hard bit for me as I enjoy the break, but trying not to spend money and have 'free' time don't compliment each other well. If I need a NSD I end up sitting alone at home missing her.
    I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be
  • Hi FBB

Not totally alone, no. I do go to my mums house but I really don't enjoy it. She is so regimented whereas me and DD go with the flow. She goes to her dads around tea time and doesn't come back until the day after boxing day which is the hardest bit for me. I can cope for one day at mums but not two so unless I have an invite from a friend I ususally spend boxing day on my own.

I do enjoy the break every other weekend but I do tend to go out at least one of the nights she is away. I am trying harder not to take too much money out with me now as I can spend a fortune when I go out so now try and just take £20 with me and then I have to go home when thats gone.

I have recently just changed my job from full time to part time as well so its been hard regarding money and waiting for my tax credits to get changed so I know where I am up to. Its DD's birthday this week but at least I have her presents for that, now to start Christmas shopping on the cheap!! Any ideas for a 12 year old who doesn't know what she wants?? Lol.

Lil
    xx
    23.11.11-LBM-[STRIKE]£10162.10[/STRIKE] Outstanding-18/11/12-[STRIKE]£10782.39[/STRIKE] Outstanding-£9949.52
    S.A.D. And Proud Of It
  • Evening All

welcome to the new gang!!

any one been watching im a celeb?? if you had the money would you be voting for that girl to be doing all the trials? i think its funny but i want to see some of the games now!! LOL

FBB - what sort of 12 year old is she? a girlie one?

I'm a busy bee this week but i'm looking forward to it.. i'm also wondering if I would ever have the time to fit someone else in now!! LOL
    CC1...[STRIKE]£5,491.00[/STRIKE]£5,223.98....Loan 1..[STRIKE]£3,891.00[/STRIKE]£3670.84...
    CC2...£[STRIKE]415.00[/STRIKE] £395Mgment Co: [STRIKE]£1,398.00[/STRIKE]£1082.00
    [STRIKE]£11,195.00[/STRIKE] £10,371.79
    DEC NSD:2/15.....£2 Saver = £0....Swagbucks 796/1999
    S.A.D - and proud of it!!.... Paying a debt off by Xmas: CC2 :xmastree:
  • I hate the big C day ....... was totally alone a couple of years ago (the bad winter - couldn't get to DMs) and it was awful.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Loopylou1 wrote: »
    i'm also wondering if I would ever have the time to fit someone else in now!! LOL

This is partly my problem!

I am selfish :o which has come from years of poo from ex-OH and when I finally made the break deciding that I'd do what I wanted - and I will not give that up.

I'm happy with my life - I have my pets (not a crazy cat or dog woman - honest;)) but they do take up a lot of time. Dog needs walked for 2 hours / day and then prob another hour or so to sort the cats, feed everyone, tidy up after them, play with them etc .... on top of working FT - and the various health issues I have .... just don't see when / how it would work TBH.

BUT it would sometimes be nice to have someone to lean on / the odd night out (cheap of course!) / share the worrying with!
    Where are you all finding these new beaus?

Please tell me!:)
  • Loopylou1 wrote: »
    Evening All

welcome to the new gang!!

any one been watching im a celeb?? if you had the money would you be voting for that girl to be doing all the trials? i think its funny but i want to see some of the games now!! LOL

FBB - what sort of 12 year old is she? a girlie one?

I'm a busy bee this week but i'm looking forward to it.. i'm also wondering if I would ever have the time to fit someone else in now!! LOL

Hi

I'm just watching I'm A Celeb. Up until tonight she was really getting on my nerves. At least she has tried and passed tonight. But come on....another trial!!

My DD is inbetween a girly girl and a bit of a tomboy. She isn't really into any band/singer, just likes different songs. She is into clothes and shoes/trainers, you know the named sort. I have just bought her a pair of V*ns for her birthday. Well went halves with my mum cos they were nearly £50 quid :o.

She has told me she would like money to go shopping as I don't like buying her clothes, shes quite fussy, so I was thinking of £100. What do you think?? Too much?? And then I have got her a Onesie and was thinking about getting her some straighteners. In previous years I have gone mad, probably spending near on £300, good job I only have one child, so I know I have really cut back this time.

Would love to hear any other suggestions though.

Lil
    xx
    S.A.D. And Proud Of It
  • She has told me she would like money to go shopping as I don't like buying her clothes, shes quite fussy, so I was thinking of £100. What do you think?? Too much?? And then I have got her a Onesie and was thinking about getting her some straighteners. In previous years I have gone mad, probably spending near on £300, good job I only have one child, so I know I have really cut back this time.

£100 for a 12 yo? :eek: Ohhhh myyyyy - that's huge in my book:o - especially if you've already got her bits & pieces!

How much was the Onesie? What about £50 + Onesie + the straighteners?

We stick to £25 for all presents in this household - I guess 'cos money's always been tight it's 2nd nature.

It's entirely up to you but if you do decide to give her that much, then I think it needs to come with a little sit down & chat to explain that things are going to be a bit tighter money wise for a while (esp if you're now working PT as well) and this will be the last birthday / Christmas that you'll be able to spend as much on her until things are sorted out.

Sorry, know that's not what you probably want to hear:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure