Experian to buy Clearscore

2»

Comments

• I've also got the email today.

I notice they are vague about which credit file you will be able to access in the future, just stating You will always be able to see your credit report and score for free, forever with ClearScore .

Presumably they will be switching to giving access to Experian credit files rather than Equifax?

I asked on Facebook and was given the same response - no confirmation as to which CRA you will get your data from now.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,078
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    !!! wrote: »
    I asked on Facebook and was given the same response - no confirmation as to which CRA you will get your data from now.

They are hardly likely to use the competitors site.
  • MrWB
    MrWB Posts: 17 Forumite
    MABLE wrote: »
    They are hardly likely to use the competitors site.

Actually, I think that they might just do this, subject to being able to strike a deal that works for both Equifax and Clearscore/Experian.

This would mean that people wanting their free credit reports (and unfortunatley scores) would go to MSE Credit Club for Experia and Clearscore for Equifax - they'd get the traffic, and the credit matching (and referral fees where used) for two out of the three CRA reports.

It would make good business sense to use a competitor in this way.... As long as a deal could be struck, that is!
  • Regan55
    Regan55 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Which, if any, are the better ones to use. Experian is the most recognisable name, but are they any good?

Any others worth a look?
  • You need to check all your reports with Experian, Equifax and CallCredit
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,823
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Regan55 wrote: »
    Which, if any, are the better ones to use. Experian is the most recognisable name, but are they any good?

Any others worth a look?
    It is important to check all three credit reporting agencies (CRAs) just in case one has made a mistake as this may then be reported to finance providers.

Experian is the most widely used by finance companies with Equifax next and Callcredit last.

I check all three for free as detailed below and they all are reporting my financial history correctly. However, the search records are different as different finance companies use different CRAs.

Free Reports
    Experian via Money Saving Expert Credit Club
    Equifax via Clearscore
    Callcredit via Noddle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business