PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hester, you really couldn't make it up, could you? Of course, it takes a professional who is supposed to be helping you, to make a problem ten times worse.

Is your DD in touch with MIND? They may be able to help.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2018 at 5:01PM
    I think Macmillan have a reputation for truly being a helping hand in such stressful times and organisations listen to them because it would be a travesty if the press/social media got wind of negatives, ignorance or inaction. The emotional aspect is too huge. You're sensible for going to them NM. They were around for us when dad was Ill, really when he died and my mam didn't like that. I remember one did a little work with me as a 10 year old. I don't remember what went down but I remember it had a positive effect. :)

Hester I can appreciate how much a battle mental health can be and I'm so sorry that life is so stressful for your DD. It adds to your stress too. It's not been a good week for you has it :(

Monna you know me well. I have looked up as much as I can with what the doctors said yesterday, drawn a blank and settled on an asthma attack. The steroids are bringing a lot of not very nice stuff up from my lungs and I am so sore today. Having never had an asthma attack I didn't recognise it, didn't act and thought it was all heart. I dunno, a bit confused but I am still researching. I've moved on to a new strategy to learn about - chamomile flowers. I know they are ok for me, have a calming effect and I am going to be as self sufficient in them as possible on the plot (although I will be buying this year as I haven't got a bed for them yet) so I'm taking control but only in a way that I know how how really.

I'm doing ok. My heart bounces hard as I walk up the stairs and I am breathless but I trundled the hill on the little school walk and managed to still talk to DD a bit. The ticker has had some stress and faffing with meds of late so I'm hoping that will calm a little and if not, I just have to get to Tues. BP is beautiful so I doubt I'm in any danger.

I'm about to finish my cuppa then the children people are being summoned to help with house work. Hanratty's Yard here.
  • westcoastscot
    westcoastscot Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Pollyanna, thanks for the welcome back. I've had a real struggle with my PsA this past year or too - have cut work right down now and pulled my world more inwards - still looking for the balance, but getting there.
    The theory is that I manage on a little less meds so that I'm less susceptible to chest infections, and if I can avoid them then I get a longer run at the benefit of the meds. I'm mostly working from home, and haven't had a chest infection since last summer, but it took me til Christmas to get the dose back up again.
    Hoping spring coming will be uneventful.
    How is your daughter? flourishing I hope, or at least holding her own
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have been trying to switch electricity suppliers all day. Mine runs out on 20th. They want £50 a month extra to stay with them but I have a feeling their computer refuses to let anyone leave.

I have found another suppler who want less than £50 a month in fact it is just over a tiny bit more than a third of the price I am paying.They have all gone up so this is a pleasant puzzle.

I had a look at my account for the last two years, It keep giving me a different type of meter to fill the numbers in 4, 5, or 6. It has never once
    given me the same twice in a row. When my older two were kids and I was trying to count stitches when knitting they would shout out random numbers all the time so I could not count. Well my record of my readings looks like that. No wonder they can't get it right.

I refuse to pay them £50 a month extra and then probably still have to have them again next year and so on until DS dies. They just will not sort anything out. I would like to be able to phone the ombudsman but I have to go through my present supplier. They will delay answering me for three or four months, then they will not have given an answer to the complaint so I will have to try again. I cannot even get their computer to allow me on the correct for for a formal complain. I have threatened them with the ombudsman 5 times in the last year. If I follow the correct procedure they wont so I still can't get to the ombudsman.

Has anyone got any ideas.

I am also trying to make a lasagna but it is going like plaiting fog. In my kitchen cooking is like trying to do one of those little puzzles you have to keep moving tiles but without the space to move them around. I always end up with my hands full and no where to cook. I told DS to expect dinner some time after my birthday 18/04/1018.
  • nursemaggie
    I meant to say fuddle between breathlessness from asthma and anything else is with Asthma you have problems getting breath out and everything else is getting breath in fast enough.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Whenever I've changed supplier NM I've gone with the new company. They have then sorted the changeover with the old company. I've never dealt with the old company except to supply end readings. Only when I'm out of contract though.

All I can say it it was like I was suffocating. My stomach was sucking in the breath and I felt like my respiration rate was slowing down. With pneumonia, specifically when I had the double effusion, it felt like that but the respiration rate was fast then. I just dunno. It just doesn't sound like text book heart, asthma or chest infection.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Fuddle my mum had asthma & then blocking arteries - when she was diagnosed she said she knew she had a problem when she couldn't walk & talk at the same time xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    fuddle (((0))).
    I really hope you feel tonnes better very soon x

Busy today but got lots done, including re-tuning 3 tv's! The main transmitter has been altered apparently.

Have to wrap some pressies tonight and get together some party supplies to take to a client in a care home - I am going to pick up her friends and take them to visit so I thought I'd take a cake for her to share. (The care home do a communal chocolate cake but she doesn't like it!). I'll take a few napkins and something to drink and a batch of cheese scones as well. Hope the forecast snow doesn't stick!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • I have been trying to switch electricity suppliers all day. Mine runs out on 20th. They want £50 a month extra to stay with them but I have a feeling their computer refuses to let anyone leave.

I have found another suppler who want less than £50 a month in fact it is just over a tiny bit more than a third of the price I am paying.They have all gone up so this is a pleasant puzzle.

I had a look at my account for the last two years, It keep giving me a different type of meter to fill the numbers in 4, 5, or 6. It has never once
    given me the same twice in a row. When my older two were kids and I was trying to count stitches when knitting they would shout out random numbers all the time so I could not count. Well my record of my readings looks like that. No wonder they can't get it right.

I refuse to pay them £50 a month extra and then probably still have to have them again next year and so on until DS dies. They just will not sort anything out. I would like to be able to phone the ombudsman but I have to go through my present supplier. They will delay answering me for three or four months, then they will not have given an answer to the complaint so I will have to try again. I cannot even get their computer to allow me on the correct for for a formal complain. I have threatened them with the ombudsman 5 times in the last year. If I follow the correct procedure they wont so I still can't get to the ombudsman.

Has anyone got any ideas.

Earlier this year I changed suppliers for the first time and went via MSE Cheap Energy Club. It couldn't have been easier. Have you looked into doing it this way?
  • nursemaggie
    Puffinbertha I have been doing that all along. I tried a few different ones last year but my supplier kept objecting to everyone and most of them do not even bother to contact you. I ran out of time and it was sign up again with them or end up pay at least half as much again.

I have signed up with Ebico. I have asked them to contact me if iSupply object, because they have no legal grounds to do so, only their own continual errors. There continual objections just messed up the MSE Cheap Energy Club part of the website.

I have kept trying to get the proper way to complain. No one else can do anything for me it has to be the owner of the account and that is me. I am getting past coping with all this. I wish I could go directly to the ombudsman.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback