IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Motorists 2 - PPCs 0

Options

Comments

• bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Make that 4-0. Someone sent me this today (in their own words, I wasn't directly involved):

Claim Number D6GF6K5E (Link Parking vs Mr M).

Summary; Gladstones Solicitors sent evidence late, witness statement late, their witness wasn't present in court, they couldn't prove the permit was a photocopy, case dismissed.

Mr M had been ticketed for parking in a visitors bay within a residential complex he owns a property at, the claimant alleged that he displayed a "photocopied" visitors permit.

As per usual, and as I've become used to seeing, Gladstones Solicitors issued the usual nonsense roboclaim that did not set out any cause of action, far from professional for a regulated solicitor.

Upon drafting a defence and submitting it, Mr M received the usual proforma nonsense from Gladstones Solicitors, however we proceeded ahead.

The case was allocated to the Cheltenham County Court, District Judge Singleton gave one of the most concise and strict set of directions for all parties, including for Gladstones Solicitors to file a response to the defence, in which they submitted late, parties were asked to submit evidence by set dates, in which Mr M ensured was sent out on time, of course Gladstones Solicitors filed their evidence late, and even filed their witness statement late, and their Witness Statement was from the director of Link Parking.

The hearing was due at 14:00 on the 9th January 2018, a solicitor appeared on behalf of the Claimant, in the hearing, District Judge Singleton essentially said everything that was needed to be said and was not impressed with Gladstones' conduct, wasn't happy that the witness was not present in court, and the main point being that the claimant couldn't prove that a photocopy permit was used.

Case dismissed.

It amazes me from having supported quite a few members on the forums with court claims, that Gladstones Solicitors still systematically behave in a way that is deliberately deceitful, unprofessional and is simply not the conduct you'd expect from a professional company.

They have no regard to the court system, and merely use it in the hope that they'll get a default judgment or the defendant simply pays up.

Link Parking, you've been Gladstoned.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    Make that 4-0. Someone sent me this today (in their own words, I wasn't directly involved):

Claim Number D6GF6K5E (Link Parking vs Mr M).
    Now reported on the Prankster's site; a poster, (Panglos), has commented that Link Parking lost two further cases on 8th January in Bristol CC.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/link-parking-youve-been-gladstoned.html
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It amazes me from having supported quite a few members on the forums with court claims, that Gladstones Solicitors still systematically behave in a way that is deliberately deceitful, unprofessional and is simply not the conduct you'd expect from a professional company.

They have no regard to the court system, and merely use it in the hope that they'll get a default judgment or the defendant simply pays up.

The incompetent Gladstones cannot be classed
    as professionals. One must assume that the SRA
    prides itself on being professional but drag
    themselves in the gutter by supporting this delinquent
    firm

" failing in one's duty, negligent, negectful, remiss
    careless, irrresponsible"

It sums up this wild bunch
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    The incompetent Gladstones cannot be classed
    as professionals. One must assume that the SRA
    prides itself on being professional but drag
    themselves in the gutter by supporting this delinquent
    firm

" failing in one's duty, negligent, negectful, remiss
    careless, irrresponsible"

It sums up this wild bunch

it took 5 yrs + to bring down Mr swartz (sp) , times will change , massive chances afoot by goverment , the likes of gladstones (monopolies or us) will be long gone , those two will be like others that "bailed" out (whitehouse) and live the lives of luxury swanning about the Mediterranean
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

It's all the client's fault as Gladstones are upstanding officers of the court.
    Practice Direction 22

Where a party is legally represented, the legal representative may sign the statement of truth on his behalf. The statement signed by the legal representative will refer to the client's belief, not his own.

So anything amiss in there is down to Link.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2018 at 4:24PM
    Options

Claim Number D6GF6K5E (Link Parking vs Mr M). ...

clipped

... to the court system, and merely use it in the hope that they'll get a default judgment or the defendant simply pays up.

I Hope CPR27.14(2)(g)costs were aksed for
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I Hope CPR27.14(2)(g)costs were aksed for

I knew you'd ask that question.

I have no idea what the costs order was, all I was sent was the information which I posted on the thread.

But no doubt if you get in front of a Judge some day, you will be setting the gold standard for unreasonable behaviour costs.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Kirchenmaus
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Given the requirement for 2 signatures was not met, the judge deemed the ‘entire scheme is invalid and there is no right at the present time for xxx to issue parking tickets or to operate a scheme’. I’ve never seen a PPC contract with a landowner that meets this requirement - which surely potentially puts the skids under everything?
    Which really ought to have set your antennae a-twitching... Because not only would such a requirement blow all PPC contracts out of the water, it would blow all other company contracts out of the water, too. Section 44 of the Companies Act simply does not apply to a "company contract", such as a PPC authorisation contract, so the lack of two signatures (at least one by a director) was irrelevant.

--Kirchenmaus
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes but parking firms are (in the main) not very bright and we have a Judge saying this, and we can refer to it, making stupid litigious companies have to jump through even more hoops.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes but parking firms are (in the main) not very bright and we have a Judge saying this, and we can refer to it, making stupid litigious companies have to jump through even more hoops.

Exactamundo.

When a possible exploitable weakness is presented (albeit potentially tenuous at times - but who is the authority on this stuff to determine its tenuousness on the forum?), why are there a small few looking to undermine any potential strategy before it is even tried?

GPEOL did us quite well for a couple of years until Beavis. Golden Ticket is, in the main, still working.

Often wonder whose side who is on at times! More attractive to deliver a ‘put down’ than trust to serendipity and say, ‘Let’s give that a try for a while, see how it goes, many might benefit’. Let another judge tell us this is wrong.

We’ve enough negatives to deal with!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport