breach of compromise agreement by employer.

Comments

• Milkshock
    Milkshock Posts: 402 Forumite
    LadyMissA wrote: »
    do you have this agreement in writing?

yes of course, signed by lawyers for both sides.
  • LadyMissA
    LadyMissA Posts: 3,263 Forumite
    Milkshock wrote: »
    yes of course, signed by lawyers for both sides.
    then I am telling you , you can sue them for loss of earnings at a tribunal

Loss of earning is your salary x the years left to work till you retire!
  • LadyMissA
    send your last employer a copy of that letter, plus the reference they sent your job & the letter you got saying offer is withdrawn and a letter saying if you do not get a significant pay out you will take them to court!! Do it, they can not get away with it.

Call ACAS and a lawyer tomorrow!
  • SarEl
    SarEl Posts: 5,683 Forumite

initial references were sent out from the employer in line with the CA, which were cleared, I was offered a contract which I signed and returned to them.

the new organisation was tipped off by an ex employee about the fact that my previous employment had certain issues. the new employer then contacted the old employer at which point the agreed reference, was, in my opinion, broken.

I presume that you are also "nuthome"? On another forum.

The employer provided the agreed reference. They did not therefore breach the compromise agreement in doing so. Another "ex-employee" is not under their control and has not acted on their behalf in tipping off the new employer. They are not liable for that.

Your opinion on whether it was breached or not is not relevant and certainly carries no weight in law. What evidence do you have that it was breached?
  • Milkshock
    edited 2 November 2011 at 2:23PM

• SarEl
    then I am telling you , you can sue them for loss of earnings at a tribunal

Loss of earning is your salary x the years left to work till you retire!

On what basis are you saying this? Which laws are you using and case precedents. Because it is, of course, utter rubbish.
  • Milkshock
    edited 2 November 2011 at 2:23PM

• SarEl

Call ACAS and a lawyer tomorrow!

This has nothing at all to do ACAS - it isn't even employment law. Which of course you don't know because you just keep going telling people that your opinion is authoratative when you have utterly no experience to base it on.

You have been told myriads of times that what an HR manager might once of have you, or what happened in a previous job, is not actually the law. Stop telling people that it is!
  • LadyMissA
    SarEl wrote: »
    On what basis are you saying this? Which laws are you using and case precedents. Because it is, of course, utter rubbish.
    The HR manager at Balfour Beatty told me that but nevermind I guess you are correct
  • SarEl
    in the sense that on further enquiry for a reference they divulged further information outside the CA agreed reference, when they should have said please refer to the reference provided.

What did they say, and what evidence do you have that they said it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure