PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Do we hear squeals from MrB of infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me?? Think that is a resounding yes!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 August 2017 at 11:21AM
    Burtha, I was listening to Sheryl Sandberg's desert island discs today. Although her husband died, I think you could resonate with her.

She also wrote a facebook post soon after he died that I think would also resonate - about how to get through the weeks, months and years ahead. She says "option A isn't available (i.e. him being there), but i'm going to kick the $h!t out of option B"
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Relief--no blood test required. We're booked in for next week so will trot along for blood pressure etc. and I'll relax in the meantime.

Hester, maybe you need weighted PVC boots so you won't fall head over heels into your toybox next time! Or you could just wrap the anchor round your feet.

Just having a post lunch cuppa and then back to work. The coat tree has arrived so I have my post-work project sorted.

Maggie the Cat is in the doghouse again. I took her out for a romp while I hung out washing. I shouldn't have as OH told me she'd managed to escape into some bushes when he took her out this morning and he'd come back covered in brush trying to retrieve her. Sure enough she did it to me. She stared placidly at me from behind several thorny bushes and looked at the low fence with evil schemes quivering on her whiskers. I tried luring her out by putting dreamies on the ground and then waving her feather toy but to no avail. OH finally fetched her out and got her inside. From the window she had to watch next door's cat eat the dreamies she'd left on the ground as punishment. She has skulked off, probably to plot the demise of her evil humans for subjecting her to such indignity!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    FPK Makes a change for a cat to loose! What a punishment.
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Nursemaggie, it definitely violates the normal rules. She'll be doubly cross as she is now asleep on the bed and I'm about to assemble a coatstand in there. There is no end to the injustices she must suffer.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    burtha I'm glad you had a slightly better day yesterday.

Hester I've got this hillarious picture in my mind of you 'stuck' with the vultures circling :rotfl: :rotfl:.

'fishy pork' is just so wrong :)

I've got a whole box of hat pins from when my mum worked at a hat factory, and would be more than happy to contribute them to the voodoo doll. I'm no good at making things so it's probably best I keep out of that or some poor innocent person is likely to suffer :)

Could someone please ask for summer to come back. This showers are getting a bit boring now. I seem to spend all of my time going out, getting wet, coming home and getting dry only to have to go out again and get caught in another shower.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I was wondering about WCS just an hour ago...
    I made lowcarb diabetic almond flour bikkies today, and they were so nice I made another batch. The first lot vanished in under 50 seconds, we were cake deprived!
    I don't half fancy a nice bit of roast duck though... Low carb! Paleo!
    JUICY AND CRUNCHY! :EasterBun:EasterBun
    Ok so it's notta duck, it's a chocolate wabbit. It's poetic licence!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lol Mar

I aren't allowed a short post???
  • mardatha
    Have as many posts as you like, my pet :)
  • mardatha
    I seem to have missed a whole page of posts, caught up now. Either the forum is wonky or my head is. :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback