Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• It's 4,720 Wh / 3,780 Wp = 1.25 Os.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Looking like a beautiful day here, 0.8 kWh in the bag and producing 1.39 kW as we speak going up fast. I trust my prayers will be answered and the sun will stay all day!
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Slow-moving clouds with blue sky... going to be an up and down day for me!
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • old_grouser
    old_grouser Posts: 176 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2015 at 1:09PM
    Folks,
    Just to join it the merriment for Friday, those envying my silver spoon of a few days ago will be amused to know that it poured with rain yesterday on the Sussex coast (and apparently nowehere else) resulting in 0.37 Os. So I get a wooden spoon as well, and the chance to start a new thread called something like "So now I have two spoons, what do I aim for next?". Lexical perfection?
    My comment the other day about 'roofs' was just for information. I like roofs, leaves and 'leafs' (when it's a verb). I don't mind people writing 'rooves', but I think that solar panels on roofs are rather ugly, since Sussex roofs tend to be covered in red tiles.
    There; I think that's everything!

p.s. the sun's back out today, so everything's normal.
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    but I think that solar panels on roofs are rather ugly,

I agree! They look better on rooves! :rotfl:

LOL, I wish I'd never read the original roofs / rooves discussion. It's nearly melted my brain since :eek:

On & Off day here, typically when I was using some powertools and Henry vacuum earlier it was cloudy!
  • Merlin139
    Folks,
    Just to join it the merriment for Friday, those envying my silver spoon of a few days ago will be amused to know that it poured with rain yesterday on the Sussex coast (and apparently nowehere else) resulting in 0.37 Os. So I get a wooden spoon as well, and the chance to start a new thread called something like "So now I have two spoons, what do I aim for next?". Lexical perfection?
    My comment the other day about 'roofs' was just for information. I like roofs, leaves and 'leafs' (when it's a verb). I don't mind people writing 'rooves', but I think that solar panels on roofs are rather ugly, since Sussex roofs tend to be covered in red tiles.

p.s. the sun's back out today, so everything's normal.

Funny you should say that but when I saw the forecast the other day and it was due to be raining on the South Coast I did think of you not getting much sun for your panels. Also it meant my mother-in-law would get !!!!ed on as she lives in Selsey Bill and my parents as well as they live in Swanage in Dorset.smiley-laughing025.gif

DW has just said that she will do the smiley-chores007.gif this afternoon after 5! Have just mentioned that the sun is shinning now! Much better time to do it!

• 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    groovyf wrote: »
    Slow-moving clouds with blue sky... going to be an up and down day for me!
    It looks as if night has fallen on Halifax.......still generating 1.8kWh in Lincolnshire.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm late to this debate but.....I prefer the sound of 'rooves' & the look of 'roofs'.

Does that make any sense?smiley-confused001.gif
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Merlin139
    Folks,

Have you thought about painting other peoples panels Red so they don't look ugly?

smiley-laughing024.gif

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    DW has just said that she will do the smiley-chores007.gif this afternoon after 5! Have just mentioned that the sun is shinning now! Much better time to do it!

Bet you have no chance; Mrs O keeps putting the smiley-chores003.gif first thing cos it's going to be sunny...:eek:
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback