PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Glad you enjoyed your holiday so much Lyn I went to Iceland years ago with my then husband and have to say I was also smitten with its landscape. We drove through the interior and didn't see a soul for hours, dark volcanic rock, the many waterfalls, the cracking and intense blue of the icebergs as they make their way to the sea. We went to the Blue Lagoon thermal spa, quite bizarre as the outside temp was just above freezing and there we were in a huge, steaming outside bath, amazing!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    DH and I are inspired for sure. We know a couple who took their caravan over the ferries to travel around Iceland but that's too much for us. We're thinking one long adventure if we ever get to upgrade to a motor home when the girls have flown the nest. Iceland and North Norway. Yup, that'll be me in experience heaven. I was lucky enough to have Nell share photo's of Lyn's trip. I was just in awe. And, er, MrsL is so slim andblooming with natural happy beauty. Well done on your weight loss Lyn. It suits you xx
  • But still as mad as a box of hopping green amphibians that go 'Gribbit'! I have to say life is way more comfortable having shed the excess weight and I can do so much more without getting tired, carry on for longer and as I found for the first time in my life during this holiday when I was climbing up a mountain I now know what it feels like to go through 'the wall' in exercise and it feels marvellous! Nice to be home too though and easing back into routine. Going to have some lunch and then collect Cookie who will be staying with us until Friday which will be nice for us but sadly Cookies granddad died suddenly in his sleep just before we left for Iceland and the funeral is tomorrow so we said we'd keep her an extra day for some breathing space for her mum, dad and family, she's easy to look after, no fuss at all.
  • Hope it's just 'being the summer' but we seem to have stopped chatting for a while on this nicest of threads.

Having a busy time ourselves what with the plots, the various doggie commitments, family, holidays and waiting for he Who Knows to have his operation this coming Thursday (finally) to repair the hernia caused by that vicious cough caused by a virus early in the year. Nell is coming home for a few days to help out which will be gratefully received as he's NOT a good patient!

Has anyone heard from CANDLELIGHT? I've been looking for her on various threads we both use and no posts for some time so I'm really hoping all is well and that they are just busy?

Have Ruthie going back to work early in September which she's looking forward to but sad to leave Orley and I've got quite a few bookings to go down and mind the boys as Neil has quite a few overseas trips before Christmas. Orley had his first taster session at Nursery yesterday and was really happy there, Ru was allowed to stay with him, the next one she has to go and sit in the hallway for the time he's there and the one after that they'll send her home, we'll see!

Hope all of you are well and happy and just busy too, we're off to Lidl this morning to stock up on some basics as I'm assuming He Who Knows won't be driving until he's comfortable again after the op so I won't have to do heavy carrying if we get it all now.

Have a good one x
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Good morning Lyn . I've been missing for a few days due to a sciatica flare but am starting to feel it's calming down now .
    I haven't had a chance to read back but send good wishes to HWK for Thursday .
    I'm thinking it may be the problem Candlelight was having with connection , my internet saga dragged on and on last year . I'm hoping all is well with her and the family .
    Meanwhile I have to start catching up on stuff I couldn't do in the last few days .
    Hope all are well .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Give my best wishes to HWKs for thursday Lyn. It must have been an awful time for him harvesting with him not being quite right inside. Love to Nell for coming home to look after him and you! ;)

ouch at having sciatica Polly. I had a touch when pregnant with youngest. 'Orrible. Glad to read it's easing.

All ok here. DH won a pretty big fishing comp at the weekend. I'm plodding on with my plot, doing bits of sorting, digging my beds. I've nearly got my perrenial herbs transferred. Green manure sowed in the new flower bed. Topcashback this year is quite substantial due to being a consumer in doing the house so that going towards a small shed. I'm happy having 'things I must see to' outside of the home. I have another job and that leaves me feeling fulfilled. :)
  • Im still here, reading the lists but I haven't got interesting to share:o

It's pretty blah here , the summer that never was is definitely into autumn now and I'm just hoping my fruit and veggies will grow a bit more before we harvest them.

Busy at work, I'm working from home today as I really needed to use what would normally be travelling time to power through some work (less than pleasant tasks I'd been procrastinating over).

Holiday weekend coming up so I'm praying for a break in the weather, just a dry day would suffice so I can get some outdoor painting done before the grim winter hits us.

I think every one is just busy right now doing more interesting things than I am but then I often think other people's lives look far more colourful than mine:)
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • Thanks lovey, will do. He's OK just a bit uncomfortable and will be glad to get it over and done with and back yo 100% functional as soon as is possible.

Hadn't thought of connection problems POLLY, thank you for that. I'll get in touch with her by post and just make sure all is well!

Now own two new pairs of jeans (only Matalan) as the next couple of months see me shuttling backwards and forwards to sit those little grandpickles of mine and if we have dame weather I didn't have enough pairs to do a quick turnaround at this end. We also paid a visit to Lidl and BM which is next door as He Who Knows won't be able to drive for a couple of weeks post op and I can't carry as much heavy shopping as I used to. Stocked up on tins, basics, toiletries so can run on the village shops for a couple of weeks until he can face driving again. Off to walk the Cookster, have a good afternoon all xxx.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    :hello: I'm still here - was busy with visitors Sunday-Friday AND Saturday-Sunday, plus a 3-tier wedding cake to bake, decorate and deliver, alongside trying to find a new job for when we return from holiday in September and dealing with a glut of raspberries and tomatoes!

Am hoping that I can sort out the allotment a bit better for next year. We have 2 each of apple & plum trees, as well as lots of strawberry plants and 2 lumps of rhubarb to split - all important as DH makes wine from them. We've been thinking that quite a lot of space can be given to those permanent crops, with one third being used for onions /spuds/ PSB & cauli etc. We have a permanent bean & sweet-pea frame and a herb bed, and 2 greenhouses for tomatoes, peppers, chillies, aubergines & cucumber.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Still here as well and reading along.
    Had an exciting day yesterday, drove up to the Midlands to view a horse :j
    She is a grey mare, slightly smaller than darling Bill but a real sweetie, hacked out along a horrendously busy road but she took everything in her stride and then when we hit the bridleway we had a bit of a blast and she was great. Thought about her all the way home and when I got back put a deposit down, so providing she passes a vetting she will be coming home to me soon. Trying not to get too excited in case anything goes wrong with the vet stage but have to say am ever so slightly failing :D

Hope all goes well with the op on Thursday Lyn.
    SM am still talking to my tomatoes every day in the hope that they will ripen up!
    Glad you are feeling a bit better Polly, hope it continues to improve.

Love to all x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport