PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just scoffed the last 2 fish fingers in the last ciabatta roll with salad cream and the last quarter of a very large bag of crisps :o

Oh dear!!
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 March 2017 at 12:41PM
    karcher wrote: »
    Just scoffed the last 2 fish fingers in the last ciabatta roll with salad cream and the last quarter of a very large bag of crisps :o

Oh dear!!

That's good ... that'll keep you going until lunch then :)

I think I'll have the pasty - and I'll make a quick bubble/squeak. Then, for colour more than anything, I'll lob some beans in the general direction of the corner of the plate.

Blob of HP brown should finish the gastronomic delight :)

43p A1d1 pasties (pack of 3, £1.29) aren't foodie heaven, but they "fill a hole" as they say....
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Willowx wrote: »
    Morning all, I've been eating oddly the last few days to say the least. I'm away from home and cafe portions are just too much, on Friday I had a cooked breakfast and that did me for the day, yesterday I had bubble and squeak with bacon and poached eggs and then in the evening had a half portion of chips (fast food style ones) and some chocolate. Not sure what I'll have today then back home on Monday.
    Yes you can have too much of a good thing, after a few days of "away" eating I'm always glad to get back home for "normal" portioned food:D

Oh dear!!
    Ah but did you enjoy it? I'm just contemplating making brunch of LO lasagne and garlic bread:o
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    caronc wrote: »

Ah but did you enjoy it? I'm just contemplating making brunch of LO lasagne and garlic bread:o

Sounds good to me :D

Yes I did, but it doesn't bode well for the rest of the day as I will probably now just keep eating :o
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning oneskis :)

Last night x4 fish fingers in x2 ciabatta rolls with lettuce and mayo and a sliced tomato on the side.

Where's our Nelski she appears to be MIA..hopefully having fun and being cooked for as well as not having to wash up :D

Just 2 cups of tea and some chocolate so far this morning..I'm really hungry though for some strange reason? I'll have a coffee and a think about food :cool:

awww Karcher thanks for missing me :)

I don' t do washing up its a rule ...I have a machine that does that and it works hard for its living :rotfl:

So leftover curry has featured quite highly this week and and now thoroughly bored with it so it hit the freezer for a week or so till I can stand it again.

Last night I had a lovely caesar salad with bacon and some garlic bread. Twas just what I needed after curry week :D

Today I have had a mini pork pie, branston, cheese with salad and some baguette for lunch. Big lunch for me but I am travelling this afternoon for work so not sure what culinary delights will meet me at the hotel..some hotels don't even do proper stuff on sunday which I have fallen for a few times so at least I have had some decent nosh.

caronc hope you can sort your mickey problem out :eek: I would be 100 miles away by now :o

karcher fish fingers sandwiches are good for you ...think of all the nutrients :)
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad all is well Nelski.

Just as an aside, do you get paid overtime for travelling on a Sunday for work?

Years ago in an old job I had, I sometimes had to travel on a Sunday for a training week. It annoyed the hell out of me as I didn't get paid for my time :mad: but also because I went by train which always has a disrupted service on a Sunday so I spent hours travelling :(

Just eaten a 10 day OOD yoghurt...think I might have another in a minute!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

Ewwww... mind you, I'm sure yoghurt STARTS life being out of date... then it's made thicker and glooped into a pot ... to continue to fester.

I LOVED my lunch - except .... it was all compromises really. I made four "potato cakes" and didn't want to just serve/eat two and put two in the fridge/freezer, thereby creating leftovers... so I loaded the plate with them all. I chose carrots instead of beans and then kind of regretted that choice as beans are tastier.

So I'm utterly, utterly full .... and the meal had 2.25/10 in it.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Glad all is well Nelski.

Just as an aside, do you get paid overtime for travelling on a Sunday for work?

Years ago in an old job I had, I sometimes had to travel on a Sunday for a training week. It annoyed the hell out of me as I didn't get paid for my time :mad: but also because I went by train which always has a disrupted service on a Sunday so I spent hours travelling :(

no K I'm self employed so it is a personal choice really ...to get there tomorrow morning at 8am for the course i would have to leave at 5am latest and quite honesty I don't do 5am by choice so I guess its a balance. That would mean me being up at 4am too to get ready.:eek: I loath sunday travelling I really do it wrecks the weekend but I think I loath getting up at 4 even more :)
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    no K I'm self employed so it is a personal choice really ...to get there tomorrow morning at 8am for the course i would have to leave at 5am latest and quite honesty I don't do 5am by choice so I guess its a balance. That would mean me being up at 4am too to get ready.:eek: I loath sunday travelling I really do it wrecks the weekend but I think I loath getting up at 4 even more :)

In that case I agree, travelling today is preferable to a 4am start!:eek:
  • Lunch a hodgepodge. A bowl of the last of the Oatly "creme fraiche", some yogurt, some stewed rhubarb, 2 easypeeler oranges, bit of Ch*cshot chocolate sauce, cashews, scattering of bee pollen. Followed by couple of slices of sourdough bread.

Dinner - got a wild garlic tofu "steak" type thing lined-up (an experiment as to whether I'll like it or no), baked potato, I'll have some roasted vegetables with it (got some outer leaves of cauliflower and an odd bit of courgette to use up and guess I'll probably chuck some onions, garlic and carrots in with that). Fruit if I'm still hungry. Topped off with glass of rice milk to fill the gaps if I'm still hungry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure