Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Doriefish
    • By Doriefish 17th Jul 17, 10:48 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Doriefish
    travel expenses
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:48 AM
    travel expenses 17th Jul 17 at 10:48 AM
    I understand that the non-custodian parent can have their travel expenses deducted from the child maintenance. But if the father choses to moves away (long distance, 500 miles) is this still the case? And a claim of 10k for the travel expenses...does this seem normal?
Page 1
    • WYSPECIAL
    • By WYSPECIAL 18th Jul 17, 8:00 AM
    • 311 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    WYSPECIAL
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:00 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:00 AM
    CSA/CMS Rules do allow for a departure or variation for travel costs incurred to maintain contact but the amounts are very small if they are awarded as the calculation certainly does not favour the paying parent.

No way would anyone be able to get a £10k reduction in their maintenance! Their assessment would have to be way over the maximum threshold.
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 18th Jul 17, 9:55 AM
    • 15,147 Posts
    • 14,747 Thanks
    Guest101
    • 18th Jul 17, 9:55 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 9:55 AM
    I understand that the non-custodian parent can have their travel expenses deducted from the child maintenance. But if the father choses to moves away (long distance, 500 miles) is this still the case? And a claim of 10k for the travel expenses...does this seem normal?
    Originally posted by Doriefish

No that wont be happening.
    • Doriefish
    • By Doriefish 18th Jul 17, 11:02 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Doriefish
    • 18th Jul 17, 11:02 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 11:02 AM
    Hi Wyspecial

Are you saying there is a a max threshold?

Thanks
    • Sambella
    • By Sambella 18th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    Sambella
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    The maximum weekly income that the CMS will use for their calculations is £3,000. And the minimum is £7.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,822Posts Today

7,132Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin