Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • poppet2014
    • By poppet2014 6th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    poppet2014
    Overpaid - no refund wtf
    • 6th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    Overpaid - no refund wtf 6th Jun 17 at 8:52 PM
    Hi all

i'm going around in circles.

CSA closed and CMS opened. Turns out an over payment of £1700 has been made yet the CSA wont refund as its "detrimental to the children" from my previous relationship (i also have a young child at home)

complaints have yet to call me back (since March) and ive called every couple of weeks chasing it up.

The CSA have taken money from me which legally they shouldnt have done and now wont pay it back. CMS have said they can't get involved as it sits with the CSA and not them

ARGGGHHH what do i do... any advice is VERY much welcomed.
Page 1
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 6th Jun 17, 8:54 PM
    • 18,783 Posts
    • 19,077 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 6th Jun 17, 8:54 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 8:54 PM
    I don't know. But I DO know that where I have had problems with government departments in the past, my MP has been very helpful. (I have been lucky in having an exceptional MP. Fingers crossed he will still be there next week.)

Of course, you don't have an MP until Friday. But it might be worth writing then......
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • poppet2014
    • By poppet2014 6th Jun 17, 8:56 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    poppet2014
    • 6th Jun 17, 8:56 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 8:56 PM
    That's great thank you, was thinking of doing that as a last resort. Maybe i need to get something drafted up and ready to go.
    • WYSPECIAL
    • By WYSPECIAL 10th Jun 17, 7:13 AM
    • 317 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    WYSPECIAL
    • 10th Jun 17, 7:13 AM
    • 10th Jun 17, 7:13 AM
    Depending on the circumstances your ex may not have to repay it but if that is the case you will be entitled to a refund from the public purse.

They will then try to recover it from your ex.
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 11th Jun 17, 1:30 AM
    • 11,027 Posts
    • 6,269 Thanks
    DUTR
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:30 AM
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:30 AM
    Hi all

i'm going around in circles.

CSA closed and CMS opened. Turns out an over payment of £1700 has been made yet the CSA wont refund as its "detrimental to the children" from my previous relationship (i also have a young child at home)

complaints have yet to call me back (since March) and ive called every couple of weeks chasing it up.

The CSA have taken money from me which legally they shouldnt have done and now wont pay it back. CMS have said they can't get involved as it sits with the CSA and not them

ARGGGHHH what do i do... any advice is VERY much welcomed.
    Originally posted by poppet2014
    Are you certain there were not arrears?
    These figures don't just magically appear, you get things in writing, surely you may have been aware you were over paying much earlier in the process? Before the CMS case started .
    • Colin2129
    • By Colin2129 10th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Colin2129
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    Re Claim Money
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    Hello MSE,

I asked CSA to look into my payments to my ex wife as I believed that he was no longer in Higher education some three years ago.... To cut along story short they failed over three years to look into this matter and said it was not for them to prove and that when they asked my ex she said he was in higher education.... It took me time to find out that he was in work and she had been claiming money fraudulently and I now need advice how to get money back.

As others on here have said they are quick to take it but not in returning it! can she be prosecuted?

£380 over three years is alot of money

Colin2129
    • Sambella
    • By Sambella 11th Jul 17, 5:12 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 322 Thanks
    Sambella
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:12 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:12 PM
    ‘Detrimental to the children’ doesn’t wash when a landlord is ready to evict a single parent from rented accommodation for rent arrears.

It’s a cop out by CMS.

What you can do if you feel strongly about it is to go to the small claims court and ensure you name CMS as co respondents.

You may get your money back at a rate of something like £10 a month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,435Posts Today

6,333Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin