Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • leej78
    • By leej78 26th May 17, 3:24 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    leej78
    Littlewoods Service Renewal Guarantee
    • 26th May 17, 3:24 PM
    Littlewoods Service Renewal Guarantee 26th May 17 at 3:24 PM
    In 2014, I bought a laptop from Littlewoods; along with it, I bought a Service Guarantee. In 2016, Littlewoods renewed the Service Guarantee without my knowledge or authority.

Littlewoods' stance is that, because they automatically sent out a Service Guarantee renewal letter, they had the right to apply the renewal charge to my account. However, I did not receive the authorisation letter, therefore could not respond in either sense.

I have corresponded with Littlewoods after submitting a complaint (I have chat transcripts and telephone recordings) and although they have admitted it is possible I did not receive the letter, because of a possible postal problem, they believe they were right to assume that I had received the letter, and furthermore were right to apply the charge because it complies with their Service Guarantee renewal procedure.

Has anyone had any similar occurences with Littlewoods, or any other company, if so, how did you proceed?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

516Posts Today

5,097Users online

Martin's Twitter