Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • samo8076
    • By samo8076 8th Dec 16, 12:30 PM
    • 167Posts
    • 206Thanks
    samo8076
    CMS Payments, what effects them?
    • 8th Dec 16, 12:30 PM
    CMS Payments, what effects them? 8th Dec 16 at 12:30 PM
    Hi,

The CMS have been in touch about a case between myself and my ex. She wants to move the case to them instead of sorting something out between ourselves, therefore prompting an income review on my part.

I have had a pay rise in the last year, but I have also a significant mortgage and other financial commitments (loans for example).

My question is will they take my mortgage and other commitments into consideration, or just expect me to pay according to my gross weekly salary as outlined on the Government Website?

Thanks.
Page 3
    • Fission
    • By Fission 10th Jul 17, 2:09 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Fission
    This is where it is unfair, I am in process of arguing my case (always paid for my kids, on time and have them on a regular basis). There is no monetary value to my car so why should it be taken into account?
    Originally posted by Johnny Barnes10
    It isn't correct that there is no monetary value for a company car.

Casting my mind back, that was the way that the tax system looked at company cars until 1976, but for the last forty years, company cars have had a value attributed to them and this forms part of the taxpayer's income and tax has to be paid on it. If it is included in the gross income for child support purposes, that's really what you'd expect. If you had a different deal with your boss (eg, where you used your own car and got an allowance), you'd expect the allowance to be taxed and subject to national insurance, as well as to child maintenance.
    • Johnny Barnes10
    • By Johnny Barnes10 10th Jul 17, 12:38 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    Johnny Barnes10
    I agree it is a taxable benefit. But I do not get extra cash for having the car. If I had an allowance then yes I see how that could be added to my income, but being as I am taxed best part of £300 for the car I do not see how it should be included in my "earnings".

I have mentioned this point to them too, and they have asked for wage slips for last couple of months.

I do not mind paying, but based on their original letter I would end up with nothing left to live on after I've paid my rent etc!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

316Posts Today

4,169Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin