Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cmr66
    • By cmr66 26th May 17, 8:14 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    cmr66
    Forced to change pension scheme
    • 26th May 17, 8:14 AM
    Forced to change pension scheme 26th May 17 at 8:14 AM
    Hello,
    We currently have a company pension scheme which is quiet good, if the employee pays in at least 1%, the employer pay in up to 8%, (dependant on age of employee).

We have been told that everyone will be auto enrolled onto the Govt Pension scheme and that the current scheme will be cancelled, no other details have been given to us yet, and were sure that the percentage that the employer pay in is going to decrease significantly.

The question is, can the employer force us into another scheme, in which we could be worse off ??
Page 1
    • JoeCrystal
    • By JoeCrystal 26th May 17, 8:22 AM
    • 1,248 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    JoeCrystal
    • 26th May 17, 8:22 AM
    • 26th May 17, 8:22 AM
    Depends. It is however worth re-post this on main pension forum since hardly anyone looks into this sub forum. I would hazard a guess and say yes, they can.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

543Posts Today

5,006Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin