Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Tobolinos
    • By Tobolinos 1st Feb 16, 3:46 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Tobolinos
    • 1st Feb 16, 3:46 PM
    At last!
    • 1st Feb 16, 3:46 PM
    Hi there MSE lovelies

Just to say, after 11 x years in some form of debt or other, and 6 x years after starting my IVA, I am now clear!

For any of you struggling through an IVA, it does get better!

I noticed a gradual difference in how I was being treated after I completed the final payment, and a year on, I checked my Noddle rating, I'm now 4/5 after being 1/5 for as long as I can remember

Keep going, and you'll get there...

Best wishes
    • kdornz
    • By kdornz 8th Sep 16, 7:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kdornz
    • 8th Sep 16, 7:52 PM
    Credit Score
    • 8th Sep 16, 7:52 PM
    I am a year into my IVA and am having nothing but trouble, I have a set figure to pay off but am being told its not an outstanding balance I am chalking away at.

I also found out today that my first 2 years payments don't really contribute to the IVA amount itself.

What I was wondering is, what happens to my credit score should I cancel my IVA?
    • pit1927
    • By pit1927 9th Nov 16, 2:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pit1927
    • 9th Nov 16, 2:00 PM
    IVA completion
    • 9th Nov 16, 2:00 PM
    Hi great to hear you've got through you're IVA,
    I'm about to make my last payment this week after 6 years. How long after final payment does it take for credit rating to improve to be able to go out looking for better deals for mortgage, Energy and media fees etc.
    Cheers
    • Missmich73
    • By Missmich73 9th Mar 17, 3:57 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Missmich73
    • 9th Mar 17, 3:57 PM
    Late sisters IVA
    • 9th Mar 17, 3:57 PM
    I am looking for some help please.
    I am currently trying to deal with my late sisters IVA, she passed away in her sleep April 2015. She had debts of £35,000 and had set up an IVA, I have been doing some digging into the IVA and have wrote to each individual creditor, one of them has confirmed that her account is zero balance so should this be removed off the IVA?

Also the IVA company have confirmed that there is only 0.18p paid out of every £1 to the creditors!!

Is this legal?

Are IVA not set up to help people in debt?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,841Posts Today

6,854Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin