PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Table-top halogen ovens

Comments

• Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Many thanks, kittykat and lizzieb - I'll keep your comments in mind :T .
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Like a lot of people on this thread I'm searching for recipes to make in my newJML and I cam across this which might be useful to others:

http://www.morningware.com/oven.html

There are recipe links at the bottom of the page.

Anybody seen any others?
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • Hello all

My first post, hopefully a useful one. There’s a Yahoo group for infrared ovens called the Flavorwave-Hearthware-Oven-Users group, with recipe links and useful reference files as well as general discussion. It covers various brands, not just Flavorwave. HTH.

ATG
  • wayne
    wayne Posts: 317 Forumite
    hi,i cant stop myself watching the half hour ad for jml halogene oven now my wife has come home from work(t j hughes)and said they are selling them.very tempting lol.does anyone have one?are they any good?what do you think of them?
    or should i move on to something else?my rottiserie?the ceramic plate thingy that goes in the microwave?oh choices choices.lol:D
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    If you are thinking of ordering the JML one read this first and save yourself £9.50.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1267649

JJ
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • wayne wrote: »
    hi,i cant stop myself watching the half hour ad for jml halogene oven now my wife has come home from work(t j hughes)and said they are selling them.very tempting lol.does anyone have one?are they any good?what do you think of them?
    or should i move on to something else?my rottiserie?the ceramic plate thingy that goes in the microwave?oh choices choices.lol:D
    Have read a number of posts regarding Halogen ovens,have had both Nuwave and JML-had Nuwave for 3 years,gave it to my daughter when I purchased my JML wished I hadnt nothing but problems,had refund eventually.Was then going to re-purchase Nuwave,but watching Bid-tv shopping channel one evening saw a halogen for sale,was a bit dubious but arrived 2 weeks ago-absolutely brilliant!!The bowl is made from stainless steel so no cracking unlike JML and cooks even quicker than other 2 previously owned,also comes complete with extender ring,tongs,low and high racks. It is made by Elitech and only available via the auction channels, best part-only paid £11.99 for said item,obviously as it is an auction channel the price does vary,but have never seen it sell for more than £15.99,slight downside-rubbish manual and cost £8.99 p&p but arrived within 3 days,highly recommend,especially if just want to try halogen cooking.While Im on here,just a message for people looking for recipes.Recipezaar.com an American site has a number,just type in nuwave/flavorwave in search and if you go to nuwaveoven.net/recipes there are quite a few on there,you can also download the user manual which is a great guideline if you have no comprehensive instruction book .P.S.Also go to thanedirect.co.uk-user manual available to download on the flavorwave turbo also very handy. Work between the 2 manuals and you will find a happy medium-hope this helps!!
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Touch wood - no problems with our JML. We love it. I don't think I have used the oven since we got it and my oven takes eons to heat up. I would deffo buy another if something happened to this one (touch wood it wont)!:)
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• ArrogantCat, are you sure the Elitech is halogen? I have just looked at the Bid TV site for this oven and there is no mention of the word Halogen in the description of the oven. I am only concerned that it is as cheap to run as the JML ovens. If it is as cheap to run and as quick, even if it is not halogen then no problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure