How to haggle!

124»

Comments

• zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Does anyone have any advice on haggling online?

I have seen the Buffy the Vampire Slayer complete DVD set for £119.99 at HMV.com, however it is just under £65 at amazon. I know that I could buy it from amazon, but the thing is that I have a load of HMV e-vouchers ready to use from having saved them up at Toluna, so naturally I would like to get the cheap price from HMV.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • misters wrote: »
    I have just started to read Martin's book and i'm upto the chapter how to haggle. I loved peoples tips but i just dont have the cofidence, anymore tips?
    The greatest key to haggling is research... you must know the market price of the product you are trying to purchase.

I use a tool called hagoole search (hagoole.com/haggle)... the site searches US, UK & AU price comparison / shopping websites from the one place. :T

I have never heard of someone being ripped off when they knew the market value of their purchase! Know your price and haggle with confidence!

Sadly most of our western world has fallen into the trap of monopolistic competition where companies prefer to differentiate their products than compete on price.

In business everyone should be happy!

Prowl

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills