Waitrose have finally adjusted their tills

Options
redfox
redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
For those who shop at Waitrose, with effect from March 1st, they have finally stopped the multi-buys taking off the full value if you are purchasing reduced items.

It was inevitable (but good while it lasted)

Comments

• Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    That's disappointing.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    Noooooooooo.
  • Almo
    Almo Posts: 631 Forumite
    Options
    Noooo! Did it happen to you or were you told about it?
  • redfox
    Options
    Almo wrote: »
    Noooo! Did it happen to you or were you told about it?

both really. I noticed it not working on Monday but I thought it was just one of those things, but then it happened again today and I had a quiet word with someone I know who works there and it was confirmed that the change took effect on March 1st.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah well, all good things really do come to an end at some point :( Nice while it lasted though!
  • Ezmondino
    Ezmondino Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    In my Tesco Metro the offers are still coming off reduced items. I was quite surprised. I ended up getting 300g Smoked salmon for 40p! I may have a got a few packs ;)
  • blueyellowred
    Options
    Worked for me on 2 for £**.** deal on very heavily reduced chiller meal last night and gave me two items for free + £0.40 off rest of the shopping. Not had chance to try on any BOGOF items, so cannot comment on that, but will try next time I am in store just to make sure for future reference.
  • mustardseed6
    mustardseed6 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 March 2015 at 5:57PM
    Options
    It was still working yesterday (5th March) at 2.30pm! It was a fish deal 2 for £6, if that is any help.
  • redfox
    Options
    didn't work again for me today. Bags of satsumas on 3 for 2 were reduced from £2 each to 35p. In the past it would have charged 3 x 35p then taken the full price of one at £2 off for the multibuy. Today it still applied the 3 for 2 but just took 35p off for the 3rd item not £2 as previously.

I also noticed that they have done some very clever reprogramming to calculate the discount 'on the fly' so you still effectively get the offer but not as it was in the past. Two packets of mince - usually £4.29 each, and on a 2 for £7 offer (making them £3.50 each after multibuy) so it would have taken £1.58 off for the offer regardless of whether they were reduced prices or not.

Today the mince was reduced to £3.65 each and checking on the hand scanner it showed it was taking 30p off for the offer so that you were still getting them for £3.50 each. Prior to the change it would have taken the full £1.58 off even though they were reduced.

The satsumas were still a great bargain at 3 for 70p though but it wasn't worth buying reduced and short dated mince if you could get full priced, longer dated mince at the same price!
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    Changed at Waitrose in Newark too, never mind it was good whilst it lasted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure