RTA solicitor and insurance

mariecc_2
mariecc_2 Posts: 116 Forumite
Hello
I can't put this briefly and to type would take a while so here goes

stationary at lights--- rear ended full force-- propelled 10-15 fett into staionary car at llights..
me, the force slammed my face into steering wheel, person behind has been taken to court fined etc don't know what for wasn't informed by police... expolice friend they always inform where injuries and court case have been held so
My insurance got all wrong details I passed on the legal people of parent company... not sure if I can say who
ended up my brother said go to someone else so I did ( bear in mind I was slammed in the head )
they sent forms i sent them back ( went to canda doing it by email ) solicitors got info off ins co..
all wrong,,,, they applied to TPU for report TPU didn't send it even though they had money paid to them
When i came back phone solicitor didn't go well complained didn't go well

solicitor who will take 25% have now terminated contract with me saying its not for them I get very upset just having to talk about the incident

so there is a sentence in the termination "For the above reasons we therefor hereby terminate our conditional fee agreement and confirm no longer acting for you."

hubby says T&C's say if I go to anyone else there have their fee...

so Does anyone know what this means I have never had this happen before and don't know what to do

thanks

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,984 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    mariecc wrote: »
    Hello
    I can't put this briefly and to type would take a while so here goes

stationary at lights--- rear ended full force-- propelled 10-15 fett into staionary car at llights..
    me, the force slammed my face into steering wheel, person behind has been taken to court fined etc don't know what for wasn't informed by police... expolice friend they always inform where injuries and court case have been held so
    My insurance got all wrong details I passed on the legal people of parent company... not sure if I can say who
    ended up my brother said go to someone else so I did ( bear in mind I was slammed in the head )
    they sent forms i sent them back ( went to canda doing it by email ) solicitors got info off ins co..
    all wrong,,,, they applied to TPU for report TPU didn't send it even though they had money paid to them
    When i came back phone solicitor didn't go well complained didn't go well

solicitor who will take 25% have now terminated contract with me saying its not for them I get very upset just having to talk about the incident

so there is a sentence in the termination "For the above reasons we therefor hereby terminate our conditional fee agreement and confirm no longer acting for you."

hubby says T&C's say if I go to anyone else there have their fee...

so Does anyone know what this means I have never had this happen before and don't know what to do

thanks
    I think you're going to have to re-type your post if you want helpful advice. I'm sorry to say it's a bit of a jumble and it would be difficult to advise you with so much ambiguity in your account. I'd suggest taking the time to type it out fully, being as specific as you can. Otherwise, people on here can only give advice based on assumptions.
  • I think you're going to have to re-type your post if you want helpful advice. I'm sorry to say it's a bit of a jumble and it would be difficult to advise you with so much ambiguity in your account. I'd suggest taking the time to type it out fully, being as specific as you can. Otherwise, people on here can only give advice based on assumptions.

Yes, this.

And if you're going to type it out, use punctuation.

And paragraphs.

And proper words, no txt spk or TLAs.
  • mariecc_2
    edited 20 March 2017 at 4:15PM
    I was involveld in a Road Traffic Collision (RTC) basically I was reared ended while stationary at red light, the car behind hit me and propelled me 10 to 15 feet to a vehicle also stationary at red lights... the person driving the car behind was taken to court, I do not know any details or the outcome.
    The solicitor I have for various reasons bad phone calls, me not able to talk on phone and getting upset and not being able to talk on the phone ask for emails because I didn't send them quick enough in the time they specified ( 7 days) eventhough I said I have difficulty coping still and I have to go back over and over the collision and the outcome. they have terminated the contract to act for me... but hubby said in T&C's if I go elswhere they would still have their 25% of any payout on the claim for the injuries I sustaqtined. But in their letter they say " we therefor hereby terminate our Conditional Fee Agreement and no longer act for you"
    I should state that I thought I had been hit in the face but the firebrigade said NO I was slammed into the steering wheel at full force... ( by the way no airbags release from a rear impact)
    Does anyone know what this may actually mean?
    Also how would I find a solicitor to act for me who is qualified and does not required 25% of the claim

14 months have elapsed on this and no medical assessment has been done yet.
  • mariecc_2
    reposted below
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    I'm still not clear on what you're asking.

What does your solicitor agreement actually say? Type it out on here rather than relaying what your husband's told you and what you think the termination letter says. Otherwise we're all just guessing.

What's the question about hitting the steering wheel about? You hit the wheel but ask what does it mean?

From what I can make out (and I'm having to assume a lot), you've decided to pursue your own personal injury claim rather than go through your insurers. Is that right? If it is, and if you communicate with any solicitor firm as you have on here, I fear the outcome may be the same. I'm not being deliberately difficult, but in the bits you've typed on here, you've created a jumble of information that comes across as a confused muddle. How were things left with your insurers? Can you go back to them and ask for help to see this through?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker

Also how would I find a solicitor to act for me who is qualified and does not required 25% of the claim

To find a solicitor:

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

But you're going to have to pay for their services one way or another, if you don't pick one that will take a percentage of the claim you'll have to pay their fee, almost certainly whether you win or not.
  • mariecc_2
    I engaged these solicitors last April and my question is what does this setence actually mean, imply, or say..

We therefor hereby terminate our Conditional Fee Agreement and are no longer acting for you.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I engaged these solicitors last April and my question is what does this setence actually mean, imply, or say..

We therefor hereby terminate our Conditional Fee Agreement and are no longer acting for you.

What does it mean? They're no longer working for you.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    It means exactly what it says, but you said that your husband has read the terms and conditions and that the solicitors are entitled to something should you engage another solicitor.

You need proper advice, not the opinions of us on a forum. You need to get legal advice to understand what you can and cannot do, and what costs might be involved. None of us can answer for you, especially since what you're posting is so vague.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The solicitor I have for various reasons bad phone calls, me not able to talk on phone and getting upset and not being able to talk on the phone ask for emails because I didn't send them quick enough in the time they specified ( 7 days)

So you wouldn't speak to your solicitor on the phone, and you didn't reply to their emails within a week? Your first post, you said something about Canada - was the delay because you'd gone on holiday...?
    eventhough I said I have difficulty coping still and I have to go back over and over the collision and the outcome.
    Then you need to get somebody helping you. You cannot expect your solicitor to work on your behalf if you can't/won't communicate with them.
    they have terminated the contract to act for me... but hubby said in T&C's if I go elswhere they would still have their 25% of any payout on the claim for the injuries I sustaqtined. But in their letter they say " we therefor hereby terminate our Conditional Fee Agreement and no longer act for you"
    You need to post more of the correspondence, and you need to post some of their Ts & Cs.

Without any more detail, I would guess that if they have terminated the Conditional Fee Agreement ("No win, no fee"), then you are almost certainly not bound to pay them anything from any agreement made. If you had terminated the agreement, then you would be liable to pay the same as if any agreement had come through them - this is to prevent you using the solicitor to get close to a deal, then go direct to the other party and say "Pay 10% less, direct, and we're good."
    I should state that I thought I had been hit in the face but the firebrigade said NO I was slammed into the steering wheel at full force... ( by the way no airbags release from a rear impact)
    Were you not wearing a seatbelt?
    Surely you don't expect a solicitor to work for free...?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure