PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• Nelski wrote: »
    Totally understand your thinking and I know for me if I start on the bigger clothes buying it soon becomes the norm then what size is next?? Having said that I think you have got some good bargains there and when you do get back to your fighting weight you can happily donate to the charity shop again for the next person in the same position :D

How long before kitchen is ready?

Not counting the re-painting afterwards - I'm expecting 3-4 weeks. Am not looking forward to making do till its done. Have now emptied out my cabinets and so am "good to go" on it. It will have more worksurface space/more storage space/be designed in a "time and motion" conscious way (things like worksurface either side of the cooker hotplate). It will just "work" way better...

Yep....as you say.....and those clothes can go back into the system for "re-cycling" onto another owner come the time.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    karcher wrote: »
    MITSTM Absolutely does. I have a wardrobe of clothes most of which I can no longer wear. I certainly don't have the money to replace them with a bigger size and have absolutely no intention of doing so!

I have one pair of jeans I can just about do up other than that I have cheap baggy jogging bottoms and am mainly to be seen in what i call my bag lady look...ie big, baggy, unflattering scruffy clothes.. My work issued uniform is unbelievably uncomfortable so something has to be done about this unnecessary and excessive weight gain since the beginning of 2017 :(

Just to add, the bag lady look is all well and good in winter when you can cover up and pretend it is excess layers of clothes not fat underneath. Doesn't work as well in summer when you're sweltering in jogging bottoms and a big baggy jumper :p
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    That sounds like you had one - but did your school do lessons/classes in it? As part of the regular curriculum? That's what hers did!

Or maybe it's a "city" thing .... I grew up in a tiny village.

God no (didnt hear her say that lol ) You would have ended up with a serious bullying problem if you did your homework in olde worlde script :D:D
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 19 March 2017 at 11:27AM
    Nelski wrote: »
    God no (didnt hear her say that lol ) You would have ended up with a serious bullying problem if you did your homework in olde worlde script :D:D

As Pastures has a very logical mind - then I'm guessing it would be "I'm too logical to bully someone for that" and maybe wouldnt realise as a child that others arent so logical often:cool:.

It certainly never occurred to me as a child that it was probably a combination of head "stuck permanently in a book" and speaking in "received pronunciation" might cause bullying. Logic would just have said "I'm doing nothing wrong. That's just how it is.....".

Some of us just don't do "fitting in". If what we are doing is perfectly okay/logical/not doing anyone any harm - then why wouldnt one do it?:think::huh:

Cynics conclusion for the day - doing a deliberate attempt to "fit in" seems to equate to working out who thinks they are "in charge"/the opinion former and brown-nosing to them (regardless of whether they are right/wrong/what they are). I can't be doing with telling someone they are right personally - unless they actually are....
  • Nelski
    As Pastures has a very logical mind - then I'm guessing it would be "I'm too logical to bully someone for that" and maybe wouldnt realise as a child that others arent so logical often:cool:.

It certainly never occurred to me as a child that it was probably a combination of head "stuck permanently in a book" and speaking in "received pronunciation" might cause bullying. Logic would just have said "I'm doing nothing wrong. That's just how it is.....".

Some of us just don't do "fitting in". If what we are doing is perfectly okay/logical/not doing anyone any harm - then why wouldnt one do it?:think::huh:

I was the ugly kid at school and when I look a pictures now I cringe ,,,I was really really ugly :rotfl: Anyway that meant no chance of fitting in with any popular kids (you know the ones who often got pregnant at 15 because they were so pretty :eek:) I went down the book route too and ended up with a shed load of qualifications thanks to my unpopularity lol ....shame I use none of them now :)
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I was bullied at school. I always felt like such an outsider.
    The group of girls who were sort of friends and I sort of hung round with spent their time gossiping and collapsing into fits of giggles...I never understood what they were laughing at. I just didn't 'get' it!

Some things might mildly amuse me but very very rarely bring me to laughter, whereas they were seemingly always hysterical with laughter? I've carried on feeling like an outsider ever since. Never tried and never will try to 'fit in'..it just isn't me!
  • Nelski
    I was bullied at school. I always felt like such an outsider.
    The group of girls who were sort of friends and I sort of hung round with spent their time gossiping and collapsing into fits of giggles...I never understood what they were laughing at. I just didn't 'get' it!

Some things might mildly amuse me but very very rarely bring me to laughter, whereas they were seemingly always hysterical with laughter? I've carried on feeling like an outsider ever since. Never tried and never will try to 'fit in'..it just isn't me!

You fit in great here :j:j:j
  • I don't get the overdoing emotions bit - eg loads of hysterical laughter - and so tend to wonder if its "real".

Things will amuse me and cause LOLs - and sometimes it can be conventional ones - eg I'll have a little giggle sometimes at the antics cats can get up to. They can be right little "personalities" some of them:) - so I do laugh when they are acting just like humans and you can see exactly what they're thinking...
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    You fit in great here :j:j:j

:T :j :A

First time for everything :cool:
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Because when I eat first thing in the morning, I tend to carry on eating all day...I'm already packing too much excess weight, don't need to add to it :o

......just had a cheese toasty followed by a slice of toast, butter and marmalade... Someone ban me from the kitchen till tomorrow :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family