PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 12th March 2017

Comments

• tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Happy Birthday TA you share it with DD2 she is 21 today the same as you :rotfl::bdaycake:
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Happy Birthday TA - have a fab day x

Busy polishing the daffodils ready for Jackie O,s arrival in April - we like to make the Island look nice for special visitors :D Will ensure DS is wearing his formal uniform if he is on ferry duty that day :rotfl:

Oh WOW! JackieO is coming on an official visit. Just enough time for me to iron the bunting and polish up the bugle for the welcome fanfare.

Sunshine and balmy breezes have been ordered. Am*z*n will deliver.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    monnagran wrote: »
    Oh WOW! JackieO is coming on an official visit. Just enough time for me to iron the bunting and polish up the bugle for the welcome fanfare.

Sunshine and balmy breezes have been ordered. Am*z*n will deliver.

x

We'd better double the quantity of cupcakes from the last visit - those boys can eat :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Happy birthday TA......my nephew in California is 40 today, although I am sure that he was only born last week!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Gosh lots of other birthday's today too. Happy Birthday to all of them as well! SIL called at lunchtime with yet another presen for me. A lovely floaty scarf. She knows I like my scarves!

The sun came out as promised and it felt quite warm in the sunshine. I took advantage and did a bit of tidying up and pruning in the back garden. Only a bit I hasten to add as this dodgy hip of mine doesn't like me bending too much! At least I have made a start. There was a robin singing away all the time I was out there. Lovely to hear.

I have now collapsed on the sofa and I am making serious inroads into a tin of dark chocolate fruit flavoured creams. I am sharing - it's one for Mr TA and three for me!

Enjoy the afternoon if you can folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    We'd better double the quantity of cupcakes from the last visit - those boys can eat :rotfl:

Can't all boys? I've never met one who didn't have hollow legs.

OK. You double up the cupcakes and I'll weigh in with my 'sink-you-to-Davy-Jones-locker' bread pudding.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Evening all.
    Firstly let me say a very Happy Birthday to everyone who shares one.
    TA hope you had a very lovely day because you really do deserve it.
    Phew what a day! This morning while DH and DD watched the DGS try to play football ( think of a giraffe on ice crossed with a rabit in headlights:rotfl:) the DGD helped me ;). Dad arrived and so roast dinners all round with jelly and ice cream and rice crispie cakes to follow. Tea then was party food from the freezer ( leftover from Xmas ) sandwiches and crisps, several varieties, followed by chocolate cake, macaroons and mini eclairs. Boy those children can eat!
    I'm worn out because I've been baby sitting the dolls and then took a rocket to another planet looking for aliens :eek:
    Thank goodness everybody has gone home so I can put my feet up with a cup of tea ( I'm getting too old for this now! )
    My DD seems to be somewhat better but this diet ( gluten free and dairy free ) is very awkward because it's new to me so I wasn't prepared but she brought her own bread and snacks. I will have to find some recipes ready for next time.
    Karcher I hope you can sort out your WM
    My DW is on again that's the third time today, I think I would have to replace it somehow, if it gives up the ghost.
    Well enough wittering from me, have a good evening all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Evening all
    Happy birthday to those celebrating today, commiserations to those lacking sleep, I wake between 2 & 4 most mornings and often don't get back to sleep, I think I need less sleep as I get older.
    We had a busy weekend on the boat, arranging for the engine to be serviced and the pram cover to be repaired etc.
    We are now home and knackered, I've done 2 loads of washing, filled and emptied the DW twice and got our clothes ready for tomorrow.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    monnagran wrote: »
    Can't all boys? I've never met one who didn't have hollow legs.

OK. You double up the cupcakes and I'll weigh in with my 'sink-you-to-Davy-Jones-locker' bread pudding.

x

Oh I wanna come to your tea party too...pretty please :p

Lucky Jackie and the boys :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Monnagran and Islandmaid I shall regally wave as we sail into Cowes on the red funnel ������ I swear one day we shall land there and just never return to the mainland at all. DD is so excited as she was when as a little girl we would go to see her Granny in Northwood for the summer�� I think it's because the place gives her so many happy memories of her childhood and her Dad. Three weeks tomorrow so fingers crossed for some glorious island Spring weather, although it wasn't bad when we were down in November for the weekend.

JackieO ( honorary caulkhead) xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport