Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    digital wrote: »
    Is anyone, like me, having to regularly log back in to TCB? Once upon a time I was able to stay logged in or, at worst, my browser would remember my username and password and I could log in by clicking in the username field.

Still not fixed...
    digital
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It really does. I've been shafted by them claiming the cashback went to "another retailer" many times. That's why I switched to TCB.

My reference to Quidco was in respect to problems logging in. Nothing to do with failed transactions.
    digital
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Matt Can you confirm that Royal London has changed their validation period to 245 days
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today, I've started on the route to claim my More Than insurance cashback payment.
    Tracking was excellent and confirmed in a reasonable time. But now stuck!
    The FOS advised myself that payments should be expected for cashback incentives within 3 or 4 months maximum. Well past 4 months now (or excessive according to the FOS), hence the chase. What is very concerning though, alarming even, is the TCB stats.
    Payment Performance
    We last received a payment from this merchant during December 2016, for transactions in May 2016.
    I've taken a screenshot of those stats, just in case I have to make a complaint to More Than direct (pre-FOS).

TCB state More Than take around 36 weeks (approx 9 months) for payment and that if they haven't paid within that massive time-frame, to allow another 4 weeks! TCB wouldn't even allow me to submit a support ticket for this purchase as a none-payer as it's not yet at 40 weeks (36 weeks + 4 extra). I had to submit a general support ticket, basically asking TCB to confirm they haven't received or are holding my payment. This is just so if I need to raise a complaint direct with More Than, I can give them a copy of TCB's response if they say my payment has been processed.

I'll update as and when. But, if I need to spend time chasing this up, I will be seeking some level of compensation. Amount depending on time spent, but £30 would be a starting point.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have the same issue with L&G. I took out a policy on 24 September 2016 and am still waiting for the reward to move to payable in my TCB dashboard. I cannot submit a support ticket to chase which I am finding hugely frustrating. As no other way of resolving this or even making contact with TCB I have come to the forums to try again and sort it out.

TCB Rep - can you advise please.
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    I have the same issue with L&G. I took out a policy on 24 September 2016 and am still waiting for the reward to move to payable in my TCB dashboard. I cannot submit a support ticket to chase which I am finding hugely frustrating. As no other way of resolving this or even making contact with TCB I have come to the forums to try again and sort it out.

TCB Rep - can you advise please.

You can submit a general support ticket, which should get a response.

https://www.topcashback.com/help/54

For the record, L&G are, or were pretty good at resolving direct complaints. Hoping it doesn't get that far though. Good luck,
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Update:

Good news and bad news!
    Good news is I had a rapid response to my ticket from 'Michelle'.
    Bad news is she failed to answer my query and basically just gave me a 'lesson' on how the process works and estimates. Then asking to allow 4-6 weeks if not paid by May! What is so difficult just to state, 'No, we haven't received your cashback and are not holding on to it'? A bot of a 'politicians type' response.
    So, we are now at waiting for a response from my reply, again simply asking if TCB have or are holding on to my cashback.
    If I fail to get a satisfactory reply next time, I'll take that as avoidance and proceed straight to the FOS and More Than.

Again, I'll update as it progresses.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Very happy just received a total of £115.50 for multiple CB claims from Sky & it was paid a month ahead of estimation.

Da iawn TCB!!
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Happy Wednesday!

@Shackeng – I can assure you co-op have been paying for their cashback. I appreciate it is taking them time to pay some members cashback but members are seeing their cashback progress.

@digital – It is something we are aware of and working on. Hopefull, it won’t be too long until our team manage to resolve this to your satisfaction.

@Justice13075 - Do you mind emailing me at mse@topcashback.co.uk and confirm where you found this information? I will investigate this further for you.

@B_M – While More Than may have a certain time frame to pay for a financial incentives, they do not have set time frames to pay commission sources such as us, even if the purchaser is aware the commission source has earned commission and then passes on the commission when they are paid. Nevertheless, I hope this progresses soon for you.

@brizzledfw - Can you first check the average speed for this merchant please? You can find this by clicking on the ‘+’ next to the transaction on your earnings page. If this has passed by a few weeks please do drop me an email at mse@topcashback.co.uk

@Oakdene – That is fantastic news, I am really pleased our Claims Team managed to gain so much cashback for you via a cashback claim.

Many thanks,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

@B_M – While More Than may have a certain time frame to pay for a financial incentives, they do not have set time frames to pay commission sources such as us, even if the purchaser is aware the commission source has earned commission and then passes on the commission when they are paid. Nevertheless, I hope this progresses soon for you.

We have a problem then!
    FOS will take on a case if the consumer hasn't received the promoted cashback (incentive) within four months.
    Cashback sites think they can act as they want and pay outside the FOS advice.
    I'll check this with the FOS for you, but would expect a response along the lines of, 'Cashback sites can wait as long as they like, but consumers must be paid in a reasonable time-frame'.

I'll wait until Friday for a further update to my ticket, before proceeding further. A shame the rapid response didn't address the initial request.

The More Than 'complaints process' looks good on paper, at least.

https://www.morethan.com/complaints/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback