Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Prudent - I assume you're veggie so you could actually have an extra HEA and HEB as you're doing the old Green plan.

I don't think you're eating too much at all. SW always say you should eat until you're satisfied and if what you eat makes you feel full then that's fine but definitely don't overeat.

Denise
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 October 2016 at 4:25PM
    Thank you Maman and joedenise

I have the new books, at least I think as I only enrolled two weeks ago. You are right about the terminology. I have speed veg in the soup. It wasn't in the recipe but I added celery, onion and leek. I had wondered about the extra HEB as I am finding vegetarian more limited this time. I am not actually a vegetarian, OH was but now eats fish. DD who eats here sometimes is vegan. I don't want to cook multiple meals so I need to work with what the others will eat.

To make up for the missed syns in the soup, I have changed tonights dinner to a 'free' recipe from the book and will do the Mexican bake another night. I have made a pepper and bean chilli and will serve it with sweet potatoes and a big salad. I will go back to berries at breakfast.

All the help is much appreciated :)
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £80/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £103/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Afternoon,
    I actually said to my consultant on the Thursday before that I wouldn't feel half as comfortable as I did with what I'd managed to lose if I didn't have this support as well as her :) definitely key members of my slimming world family :)
    However one of our lovely members very kindly gave me the nudge I needed to start posting again. Thank you (you know who you are ;))

Just caught these two posts again as I was collecting results... you really are lovely people in this group :happyhear and wanted to say that I also really appreciate the support from you all.

Big thanks to everyone!!! kiss-and-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

I've reduced your target Betty, sorry you feel disappointed in your STS. [STRIKE]Could you do your SAS log again? that helped you have a big loss a few weeks back?[/STRIKE] I see Lois had the same idea :D Anything else we can help with? Do you have much more to lose?

I think it was a typo TIE, it was 18lbs to 10 :D

Welcome back Abbafan :wave:

Back to writing in my diary again after last night's disastrous falling off the wagon :mad: i'd been so good all day as well. OH told me there was icecream in the freezer and we made a few cookies to go with it :o but line drawn and onwards!

Todays menu
    B -fruit, yogurt
    L - feta (2) beetroot, salad, pickled onions, egg, chicken, BBQ sauce (1)
    T - Butternut squash macaroni cheese(hea), salad
    S - hifi bar (0.5heb) crisps(4) satsuma, melon, milk in tea (2)

Lots of speed today, using the Two Chubby Cubs macaroni cheese recipe so the sauce is made with BNS, hope it's nice!

x
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You've changed the menu now prudent but as it's effectively a Green day you'd have saved 6 syns by having the roll as your second HEB.

I've just made a big casserole full of braised red cabbage. Although it has some sweetener and 2 eating apples I'm calling it free. As it's so spicy we only have a tbsp each as an extra side and the recipe makes loads.
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Busy busy week. Having had very little in the way of syns, thought I'd 'treat' myself to that Morrisons lobster and crab macaroni cheese they keep advertising. Ugh. Absolutely bland and very little in the way of fish. I picked out six pieces and binned the rest and had some fruit instead. So, 5 syns because of the first bite and sauce maybe? Who knows.

Making mince and tatties for Top Bloke later, who is on a 14 hour shift :( about 1 syn per portion with a few bisto granules and a spoon of mustard thrown in.

Then there's weekend wine :)

Hope you're all well!
  • Prudent
    edited 15 October 2016 at 6:21PM
    maman wrote: »
    You've changed the menu now prudent but as it's effectively a Green day you'd have saved 6 syns by having the roll as your second HEB.

I've just made a big casserole full of braised red cabbage. Although it has some sweetener and 2 eating apples I'm calling it free. As it's so spicy we only have a tbsp each as an extra side and the recipe makes loads.

Your cabbage sounds wonderful - enjoy :)

The HEB bit is what I am finding hard this time round. On a typical week we will eat 2 fish meals, 2 vegan meal and three vegetarian. On the current plan the fish days feel so much easier as I now only have one HEA and one HEB. I especially miss the extra HEA as it allowed me to add a little cheese to vegetarian meals. In effect I now need to eat 2 fish and five vegan meals a week as I like milk in tea and I like a cereal based breakfast. Are there any other vegetarians on this thread?
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £80/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £103/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »

What do you put in your braised cabbage to make it spicy? I use the one on the SW website which definitely isn't spicy. Planning on making some myself this week. Have bought the cabbage but forgot the apples:( otherwise I'd have cooked it today in the slow cooker.

Will need to find the freezer space once it's cooked but I'll "flat pack" it so it's easier to find the space! Freezer if pretty full at the moment.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I know flutterby is a veggie so she may be able to help prudent .

I tweak the Delia recipe denise . I can't do links on my phone but I'll look later. I substitute sweetener for the sugar but only a tsp for each layer. I use eaters or windfalls rather than cookers but that depends what you have in. I'm probably a bit more generous than Delia with the spices. I use cinnamon, grated nutmeg and a few whole cloves (latter because I have them although dried would be fine). Delia puts butter on top but I don't bother. I think it just makes it shinier. I use red onions when I have them but have used white although you don't get the overall red colour. HTH.:)
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Here are some pictures of the kitties, we've called them Renault and Clio, because he has a little diamond on his nose

Photos of kitties

fdrcib.jpg

2j5ne41.jpg

15fhu1s.jpg
  • Prudent
    Aww they are lovely. I think cats make a house a home. I have two cats and love them to bits. I also have a Renault Clio car so like your choice of names :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure