Farepak in administration: What to do? (Merged Thread)

Comments

• Oh my God. I have paid £5,500 so far. I am an agent and have lots of customers. What are we going to do?
  • Frell
    Frell Posts: 171 Forumite
    cookie334 wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me if Family Hampers are affected?

I really hope it all works out for you all and that you don't lose your money. This is terrible!

No Family Hampers is owned by a different company if i remember right, so shouldnt be effected.
  • hunnybugs1 wrote:
    Oh my God. I have paid £5,500 so far. I am an agent and have lots of customers. What are we going to do?

know how you feel,noting we can do I'm afraid ,:mad: am gutted
  • Frell
    https://www.hitauk.co.uk thats the hampers trade industry assc website which all hamper companys need to abide by site is down atm, but keep checking you might be able to find help there.
  • A quick question. I made 1 payment via my credit card. Does that mean I can claim that money back from them?
  • Farepak were put in to administration on Friday at 6.0pm and we were informed at 9.0pm. Because of this we have little information.
    However there are a number of circumstances that affected Farepak's demise that HITA is currently investigating.
    As information becomes available we will publish it on our website and you should also hear from the administrators.
    Neil Henderson-Begg
    HITA

This is an email I received when I contacted HITA. HTH
  • MEMBER02
    MEMBER02 Posts: 811 Forumite
    I ordered £1500 and owed £55 which i tried to pay off on wednesday but were told by cs that there payment system was down,surely they will have some sort of insurance against this thing like holiday companies use abta.
  • Frell
    MEMBER02 wrote:
    I ordered £1500 and owed £55 which i tried to pay off on wednesday but were told by cs that there payment system was down,surely they will have some sort of insurance against this thing like holiday companies use abta.

Thats what HITA is for it regulates Hampers, So hench the poster stating the email from them that they are looking in to it, So keep an eye https://www.hitauk.co.uk when its working to see the updates through out the week.
  • Teresa60
    Teresa60 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Freedom Shopping Vouchers is affected as well, which is who I have saved with. Only had one more payment to go and I would have got my vouchers!
  • kate1976
    kate1976 Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    I'm another that's been 'robbed' by farepak, was looking forward to £135 of vouchers but now it's all just gone!!

This was the first year I'd done the saving with them (after lots of recommendations about them) as I'm terrible at saving because I dip into the account so I was pleased that I'd done it this way, I'm kicking myself now though!

Been wanting to cry all day, I know £135 is small change to what others have lost but it's a lot to me and it was going towards my son's present, for the first time in years I would've had enough to buy him what he actually wanted!:mad:
    Kate
    xxx
    :Axxx
    "A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather
    and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

Stay safe, stay sane, stay smiley!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income