Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Comments

• Right - quick 10 minute post before I go and collect dd from gymnastics and then settle for the night. There's just me in at the moment with the cats - it's really quiet. DH still at work, dd at gymnastics and ds at his friend's house. I've gotten loads of housework done at least, and caught up on here without interruption. DS will be home at half eight and I intend to go straight to bed when he's home - I'm absolutely shattered. Not sure what happened last night because sleep had been getting better but I woke up at 2am and that was me wide awake until half four. Managed an extra couple of hours on the sofa before work but I felt rubbish when I had to get up... :( Then I saw the snow :(
    Did manage to bag free biscuits at work, which I gave to ds (I'm not a big biscuit eater) alongside my free cuppa, but I have to confess to never really getting going today. The kids were wild because of the weather, and I couldn't be bothered at all. And all I wanted to do was get home as early as possible because I wanted to be home before everything froze over. I've brought a set of books home to mark this weekend to make up for the early finish. And then I committed the ultimate mse sin and ordered us a big fat D0min0s pizza for dinner. It cost me £30 and I am utterly horrified with myself about it :o I can't believe that I used to get a takeaway at least once a week. Still, it's done now - and there are plenty of leftovers for tomorrow as well... Just a bit annoyed with not controlling myself better. I'm not that well off cash wise and still over a fortnight till payday.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Cat sorry you aren't sleeping again. That's why you gave into the takeaway. I really sympathise as I have had two bad night's this week and yesterday felt edgy and shaky all day and just felt like I couldn't cope. It's totally lack of sleep. Last night I did sleep and my MH has felt so much better for it. I wish there was something I could think of. I wonder if sleeping tablets would work?

Sorry about DHs change in hours too. That is so upsetting. No chance of him getting a new job instead?

Huge hugs Cat.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Morning :coffee: :hello:
    Thanks for the kind words Bob. I slept much better last night so feel more like my old self again. :D Got up at half seven (no training today as my trainer is in Spain) and sorted through the recycling (having a stand off with dh because it's his job to empty the recycling and there's loads out there at the moment), did the washing up, fed the cats and discovered 8 pieces of leftover pizza and half a garlic bread. Sorted for lunch today then :)
    Unfortunately ds hasn't woken up in such a good mood so we've already had a bit of a stand off. Looking forward to him going out later to give me a break. Plus Sunderland are at home today so they'll be off there later on as well while I'm tutoring. Don't have many other plans other than to mark the books I brought home and do some crochet. Obviously there's a bit of housework to do as usual but other than that I fancy a day for me...
    DH got home from work at 9pm last night - he's really not happy about the change to the hours. We have discussed him looking for a new job - it's an option, but I think at the moment he needs a bit of time to get his head round it all and see what happens next. I feel sad to see him so pittled off about work but there's literally nothing that I can do about it other than be there for him.
    Right, best feed ds and see if that improves his attitude any. Have a good day everyone.
  • Bobarella
    Did DS cheer up at all?

Hope your day has been ok.

Bob

• Morning :hello: :coffee:
    Well yesterday turned out to be busier than planned. After tutoring I went to pick the boys up from football and we went to Mr T for a grocery shop, then we got stuck in traffic on the way home so it was after 6pm when we got in. By the time I'd made unpacked the shopping and made dinner it was getting on. DS behaviour had improved over the day because he had been invited for a sleepover but was told that he couldn't go if he didn't behave. So he behaved. I dropped him off at his friend's house and then came home to watch Casualty and do some crochet. Didn't get my books marked though, and I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I haven't made myself do it yet today. I've just woken up in a real CBA mood though... :o
    So, it was really weird to sleep in the same bed at the same time as dh last night. However, I still woke up at 5am and couldn't get back off to sleep again, so I came downstairs. I fed the cats and did a bit of crochet until I felt tired, then I went to sleep on the sofa until just after 9am. :j Wish I could report feeling brilliant for it, but I just feel 'fine'. I'm not properly ill but I am a bit sneezy and snotty so that's making me feel like having a sofa day today. I've not bothered getting dressed yet and I was just going to sit on the sofa and crochet/spend time on here/ eventually get round to marking books. Got up to make myself a cuppa and found that the milk had leaked all over the fridge. Was going to blame someone else but I'm not sure if it might have been me... I know better obviously, but this was from a sealed carton. So I ended up spending almost an hour properly cleaning the fridge out. Then changed the cat litter and put a load of washing on and now am sitting down again still trying to motivate myself to mark books (and failing). And I'm now just remembering that I didn't even make myself a cuppa.
    Ah well - we're all allowed a day off completely every now and again aren't we? I just seem to have a lot of those. :o I'm off to make a cuppa and put my marking into smaller piles..:rotfl:
  • Glad you managed to sleep in the same bed as DH - hope DS got on ok at his friends.

It might sound odd but I quite like it when something spills in the fridge as I then have to clean it out, if nothing spills I just leave cleaning it out for months - naughty EE!!

I think you should break your day down into 15 minutes section, so 15 mins book marking, 15mins for you/getting a drink, 15 mins marking, 15 mins crochet and so on.
    Everyone can do something for 15 mins (says EE who has all the motivational words but doesn't actually do it herself!!)
  • I'm the same as you EE - I'm great at handing the advice out, but less good at taking it. :p
    The good news is that today has gone pretty much as planned in the end. I even ended up making Sunday Dinner, because I had all the stuff in to do it (and I was looking for another excuse not to mark any books). I've had a pretty relaxing day, but I'm definitely sneezy so hope this is as bad as it's getting.
    Finished a baby blanket I've been crocheting and then finally got round to marking those books. It's depressing how hard I work and how little my Year 11's work. Hopefully the new Head will deal with that though. Then did a bit more crochet, washed up and prepped for school tomorrow. Now I'm sitting on my bum again just wondering when to go in the shower and how early to go to bed.
    I'm still in my pj's and haven't been online too much so I've also bagged a nsd day as well as a bit of a rest.
  • Evening everyone :coffee: :hello:
    I am absolutely shattered tonight. I had a really restless night last night, which has left me in a right old grump for most of the day. I definitely need to be in bed within the next hour or so - might mean I don't see dh tonight but I'm whacked. And as it was him making a load of noise that woke me up 3x I partly blame him for how tired I am... Just need/want to do a bit of crochet before I pack up for the night.
    Work wasn't great today either. The Head is still fantastic, but the kids were particularly bad today. I told my Year 11 how disappointed I was at their general lack of effort and one of them told me that it was my job to get them to pass their exam. Honestly - with an attitude like that I have no chance. Was pleased to get to my free this afternoon and I actually sat and marked my Year 7 books. I'm almost (almost) caught up with marking :j just a couple of sets to do before it all starts over again. I came home quite early, very thankful for the leftovers I boxed up yesterday for today's dinner meaning very little effort required. DH has finally emptied the recycling so I could get a few more of the daily housework jobs done.
    Nothing else to report other than it still being a fortnight till payday and me having next to nothing in my account cash wise. Gutted. But I will survive it - I just don't want to have to dip into my savings to get through.
  • Bobarella
    You have to wonder where kids are getting that world view from don't you. I can't imagine a child with supportive involved parents coming out with that. What a shame that they are prepared to take so little personal accountability for such an important part of their life. Must be like a slap in the face.

Really hope you get a better night and DH pipes down a bit!!

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I work in a University and the sense of entitlement the students have, that things should be handed to them on a plate, is unbelievable. Some of my elder colleagues can't believe the way the students talk to each other. They do seem to be getting more abrasive and colder and harsher as people.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family