Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 11 April 2017 at 9:40AM
    Same here, in the process of downloading my electric bill, taken 10 minutes to get to 50%. No recent got to the download button for the gas. Could wait until every other Iresa customer has finished hammering the servers but I'm keen on knowing if they've charged me correctly too.

Right, so found the gas bill. It does acknowledge the CV varies by region (and the multiplier varies from 10.8 to 11.6) and working backwards from my multiplier of 11 they've used a value of 39. Checking with National grid, the average for my region over the billing period is 39.6, which should give a multiplier of 11.26 so half marks to Iresa there. At least they've moved from the fixed value.

Unfortunately, despite me providing regular readings, they've only used my opening read and the first interim read I gave 10 days later. So it's quite a small bill. [STRIKE]But at least it's right.[/STRIKE] Edit: It's not quite right, see post below
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Maxwell007
    Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
    I think I may have dodged a bullet with this Iresa lot . . .
    is it only me that has joined Tonik hahah,
    are iresa as bad as EE I still have nightmere every now and again and its been over 2years now hahaha,
    we are now in the summer months so no need to blast on the heating thank god.
  • Finally, my transaction pages updated on Friday with the meter readings I supplied at the end of March (none have gone on for Feb at all...) and this morning I got an email to say my bill had been generated...But the online account page won't load...

Oh, the suspense... have they finally managed to produce an accurate up to date bill after 6 months?!?!?

Wow, I've just managed to get on, and yes, they have done it! I finally have a bill with readings on and everything!

Let's hope it continues!
  • Raxiel
    Forumite
    edited 11 April 2017 at 9:41AM
    Looking closer something's not quite right.
    Gas consumption is 48.00m³ (303.00-351.00). CV is 39.6 (from NG) so that should be 539.95 kWh (or 531.7kWh with the lower value implied by the bill) but the billing line is for 545.41 kWh

Which is a CV of 40.

Either I'm missing something obvious or they are.

It's only 14.1p on this bill (£3.20 extrapolated to the year), and the interest paid due to them being slow at raising a bill is more, but it should be a simple calculation and it's wrong.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I can't log in to see anything.
    Temporarily Unavailable

The webpage that you’re trying to reach is having technical difficulties and is currently unavailable. We are aware of the issue and are working hard to fix it. Thank you for your patience. You can contact us here Be rest assured that this will be resolved soon.

Iresa Customer Support Team.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Gas consumption is 48.00m³ (303.00-351.00). CV is 39.6 (from NG) so that should be 539.95 kWh (or 531.7kWh with the lower value implied by the bill) but the billing line is for 545.41 kWh

Which is a CV of 40.

It's only 14.1p on this bill (£3.20 extrapolated to the year), and the interest paid due to them being slow at raising a bill is more, but it should be a simple calculation and it's wrong.

Are they using the truncated CV - or are they rounding it up to the next figure; i.e., 39.6 equals 40.0? I have yet to get my corrected bill.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I can't log in to see anything.
    It seems you can log in. I had to look through my history to find this link which works for me: https://selfservice.iresa.co.uk/
  • Raxiel wrote: »

Which is a CV of 40.

I don't think you're missing anything obvious and my calculations agree exactly with your calculations. It looks like Iresa have !!!!ed it up again!

After many weeks of messing about it looks like they've eventually said sod it nobody will ever know and decided to use a blanket CV value of 40.0 on the gas bills but the actual CV value for the period my bill covers is 39.6 (NE region).

Just how hard can it be for them to get this right?
    Hengus wrote: »
    Are they using the truncated CV - or are they rounding it up to the next figure; i.e., 39.6 equals 40.0? I have yet to get my corrected bill.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt you may possibly be right but it's impossible to tell what they're doing from the bill as the only figure shown on the bill of any relevance is the Multiplier they've used (11.1) and an average customer would be totally clueless as to what that is. There is absolutely no mention anywhere on the bill of what the actual CV value they've used is.

This is the explanation now given on the bill! They're so bloody thick the same thing now also appears on their electricity bills! :mad:
    Suppliers are required to maintain a calorific value between a legal limit of 38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3. This value varies by region.
    - Conversion from M3 to KWH: Multiplier = [38 to 41] * 1.02264 /3.6 = 10.8 to 11.6
    - Conversion from FT3 to KWH: Multiplier = 2.83 * [38 to 41] * 1.02264 /3.6 = 30.5 to 33.0
    For more information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-meter-readings-and-bill-calculation
    There's nothing been posted on either Facebook or Twitter regarding this so far.

It looks like yet another formal complaint is now necessary to get this resolved which, like the others, will no doubt be ignored, go unanswered and be unresolved for some considerable time!
  • Raxiel
    Forumite
    Now I've done the detailed calcs (and have a spreadsheet set up I can use for future bills), They have overcharged me by 16p for 9 days worth of gas based on the national grid figures, but worse than that they've overcharged me 32p based on the actual numbers printed on their bill!

I wonder if their payslips have similar errors.
    Hengus wrote: »

Possibly, the only way the total makes sense is with a CV of 40 (which gives a multiplier of 11.36, not the 11.1 they list on the bill), but even then the final total is still 7p out, not significant, and could be due to rounding somewhere, but casts doubts.
    I don't think you're missing anything obvious and my calculations agree exactly with your calculations. It looks like Iresa have !!!!ed it up again!

After many weeks of messing about it looks like they've eventually said sod it nobody will ever know and decided to use a blanket CV value of 40.0 on the gas bills but the actual CV value for the period my bill covers is 39.6 (NE region).

Just how hard can it be for them to get this right?

I wonder if they know that anyone can just go look up the CV for their region? We'd need to find another customer that had a much more different CV value, and see what Iresa give them as a multiplier. Yours was 39.6 and mine is 39.5 (I was just eyeing mine at 39.6 earlier but It's in a spreadsheet now) so the multiplier should be close too.

Perhaps I should email them my google sheets link.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    The more people that copy their bills to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk the sooner Ofgem will launch a formal investigation. The fact that Iresa has built its accounts around what appears to be a US accounts system is their problem. They have a statutory obligation to produce accurate bills.

And their website is still unavailable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport