Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What was the reason given for the delay?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The crafty !!!!!!s borrowed the plane parked 3 stands down , arrived 2.5 hours late....
    People were still putting stuff in overhead lockers as doors were shut and push back....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • hotcookie101
    hotcookie101 Posts: 2,060 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    My flight from Biarritz was cancelled tuesday night for a wednesday flight (due to air traffic control strike I believe) I was informed by text and given the options of rebooking or refund (there were no alternative flights that suited, but haven't filled in refund yet as things been hectic). We ended up having to fly easyjet from Bilbao. Are we able to claim back either the extra money we had to pay for the flight, or any compensation?
    Thanks in advance
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    your best bet will be your travel insurance. EU261 is not clear on airlines responsibility to offer rebooking on other airlines and many will only offer rebooking on their own flights (which they did) Compensation does not apply as the airline has no control over Air Traffic strikes
  • ImLost
    Options
    I've been trying to get my money from Ryanair since 2014 and been ignored. I've claimed a few times, went to CAA which replied they agreed to pay and would contact me but never heard back. Sent more claims, had a web chat, mailed a final notice letter and saved receipt.
    Then tried resolver which went on to some retail ombudsman which rejected me.

This has all been over 2 years already.. I think I should take them to court at this point? :(
    I don't want to lose so much on an agency after putting so much effort on it.. is there some sort of guide on what to do to actually take them to court on my own?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ImLost wrote: »
    .. is there some sort of guide on what to do to actually take them to court on my own?

Vauban's Guide.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You have come to the right place. GOOGLE and download Vaubans guide. All explained in there. Good luck
  • ihavethesun
    Options
    I've started filling the ESCP form, but it seems to need Ryanair's email address, which I can't find anywhere, does anyone know what it is?
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've started filling the ESCP form, but it seems to need Ryanair's email address, which I can't find anywhere, does anyone know what it is?

Ihavethesun,
    I wouldn't worry about an email mail address for RA, the court of your choice will send the papers to RA's customer service address (by snail mail) which you should include on the form.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • rachelr1976
    Options
    Hi all

looking for some advice, although it looks like ive had a better deal than a lot of the posters here. My cheque has come through from Ryan Air but its dated end July so i can actually cash it for 4 months, are they allowed to do this??

thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure