travel expenses

I understand that the non-custodian parent can have their travel expenses deducted from the child maintenance. But if the father choses to moves away (long distance, 500 miles) is this still the case? And a claim of 10k for the travel expenses...does this seem normal?

Comments

• WYSPECIAL
    WYSPECIAL Posts: 635
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    CSA/CMS Rules do allow for a departure or variation for travel costs incurred to maintain contact but the amounts are very small if they are awarded as the calculation certainly does not favour the paying parent.

No way would anyone be able to get a £10k reduction in their maintenance! Their assessment would have to be way over the maximum threshold.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Doriefish wrote: »
    I understand that the non-custodian parent can have their travel expenses deducted from the child maintenance. But if the father choses to moves away (long distance, 500 miles) is this still the case? And a claim of 10k for the travel expenses...does this seem normal?

No that wont be happening.
  • Hi Wyspecial

Are you saying there is a a max threshold?

Thanks
  • Sambella
    Sambella Posts: 417
    I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    The maximum weekly income that the CMS will use for their calculations is £3,000. And the minimum is £7.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure