Selling used ink cartridges for cash

Options

Comments

• funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    Options
    why do use a freepost envelope ..when you work for them silentkiller?
  • lynnemcf
    lynnemcf Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Options
    Is there anywhere I can recycle KODAK cartridges?
  • silentkiller
    silentkiller Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    funnyguy wrote: »
    why do use a freepost envelope ..when you work for them silentkiller?
    I've sent in stuff, in what sense do you have the right to say I work for them? I could say that about anyone who praises the cartridge factory, or any company in fact.
    The truth is out there... and I want to believe
  • louisesaysj1978
    Options
    Unfortunatly Kodak cartridges can't be refilled because of the electronic chip on them and so no company takes them in for recycling - its a shame really because I go through loads of these and always asking the company I buy the compatibles from if they take them back but always get the same answer that they are not refilling them due to the price of the compatibles being so low its just not worth it.

This is also I guess why your Canon PGI-520 cartridges aren't being recycled as the compatibles are sold for £1.50 each including delivery and so there isn't a company that bothers buying them, refilling them and then repackaging them.
  • girlingreen
    Options
    I've just sold a couple of empty cartridges on eBay and the buyer is saying that the copper strip on the bottom of them all is damaged, making them useless. It's quite clear that I don't know what I'm talking about so I'm worried of a scam. Just before sale I had tried them all in the printer and they worked well enough to make a sad attempt at printing test pages. I just don't see how they could've all become damaged in the same way... Any thoughts/ tips?
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have several used and filled cartridges for a lexmark, I have a Epson now, are lexmark ink cartidges valuable??
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • Scudlink
    Scudlink Posts: 833 Forumite
    Options
    easylife73 wrote: »
    Why do they need my bank account details to register if they pay by cheque? This has made me nervous...

TRF used to send you a cheque in the post, now they've moved over to paying the money direct into your bank. I'm not sure if they still actually pay by cheque so perhaps the registeration form needs updating. TRF are a good firm I've used them quite a few times in the past and I believe Tesco also use them too.
  • silentkiller
    silentkiller Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    I've just sold a couple of empty cartridges on eBay and the buyer is saying that the copper strip on the bottom of them all is damaged, making them useless. It's quite clear that I don't know what I'm talking about so I'm worried of a scam. Just before sale I had tried them all in the printer and they worked well enough to make a sad attempt at printing test pages. I just don't see how they could've all become damaged in the same way... Any thoughts/ tips?

I would ask for them back and try selling them to someone else? If they work in your printer then I don't think they are damaged. If the copper strip is damaged, I don't think it would work in a printer but I may be wrong.

Also to trinidadone - Depending on the lexmark cartridge number, some can be really valuable and some not - acording to the pricelist I was given.
    The truth is out there... and I want to believe
  • kate1irwin1
    Options
    I have lots of HP 920XLs but these don't seem to be listed anywhere.....any one got any idea what I can do with them?

• whenispaydayagain?
    Options
    Good thread. I had no idea you could sell used inc cartridges.

Many thanks OP!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport