Fear of commitment.

General thred for all those either afraid of commitment or feel they may be someone who is unsure about commitment.

Anyone ever been in what seems their perfect relationships and all they would want but still imagined life on their own. Or doing a different thing?

Anyone broken up a perfectly good relationship just because they believed they couldnt commit. How did it end? Regrets or a feeling of the right thing?

I see many couples these days just breaking up basically cause one person still felt they had more to achieve as an individual and they didn't believe they could do it with their partner.

Some people I see have never had a bf/gf simply because they preferred to live what some may see a selfish life and so what they wanted when they wanted without consideration.

Any thoughts/stories/experiences welcome.

Comments

• meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't see an issue with this. If you don't want to commit, the best thing is to be honest about it. Better to leave a relationship if you feel this way than carry on pretending. It's not a perfectly good relationship if one party wants to do things alone all the time and doesn't include the other.

What sort of replies are you expecting ?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Maybe some thoughts from people who thought they would never commit and did. Or from people who had it all but walked away because of commitment and lived to regret it. I'm sure there's plenty.
  • What are we discussing here?
    Debt 1/1/17 - Credit Cards £17,280.23; overdrafts £3,777.24
    Debt 5/1/18 - Credit Cards £3,188; overdrafts £0
  • svain
    svain Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Not sure why people are struggling with the question ... seems straight forward enough quuestion to me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure