Leeds 2yr FRISA issue 65 - was online application form incorrect?

124»

Comments

• KGriff
    KGriff Posts: 185 Forumite
    Leeds have posted this message on their website:

Due to extremely high demand, it is taking longer than usual to process savings applications and ISA transfers in. We are currently working on applications received after 21 April 2015 and aim to be back to usual service levels by 17 May 2015. Any linked ISA transfers attached to these ISA’s may then take a further 21 days for funds to be applied to the account.
  • butterflymum
    butterflymum Posts: 987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Makes you wonder why they didn't wait to sort out all the existing backlog with Issue 65 etc, before introducing new Issues such as 66 around 12th May.
    butterfly )i(
  • KGriff
    Makes you wonder why they didn't wait to sort out all the existing backlog with Issue 65 etc, before introducing new Issues such as 66 around 12th May.

Yes that's a good point butterflymum.. Anyhow I have contacted Leeds again today (18th May) and can now confirm that my ISA transfer has gone into the account. Even better news is they have backdated the payment, for interest purposes, to 15th April.

So I am a happy bunny.:dance:
  • KGriff
    Following on from my earlier posts, yesterday afternoon, 19th May, I received a letter from Leeds BS, just to confirm they had transferred my old ISA to them and backdated the interest.

So at least they do write to people, to let them know when they have finished sorting out these things. It has taken just over 40 days in all, much longer than I anticipated.

My wife is still waiting for her final letter and my guess is, it will have been a wait closer to 45-50 days for her account to be complete.

At least we are getting to the end of it now.
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you have any more ISAs maturing, then Leeds have extended the transfer window to the end of June because of all the delays they have suffered.

In fact, they're extending the transfer window regardless of whether you have any more ISAs maturing. But you know what I mean.
  • KGriff
    Extending the transfer window seems a sensible thing for the Leeds to do after the delay issues. Both my wife's and my own transfers have now been resolved and the good news is they backdated the actual transfer date to the account opening date too.

So it's nice to see they have looked after their customers in the end.
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    +1 for that. They've gone beyond the regulatory requirements in putting things right.

They're also one of the few high Street names to handle isa transfers from failed organisations such as dotcomunity in a calm, considered and professional manner.

My opinion of them has turned around in recent weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure