Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank ISA transfer delays

2»

Comments

• beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Was just about to call, then noticed my old ISA has disappeared from internet banking this morning - so looks like it is taking them the full 3 weeks to process.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Kinda marginal in the overall scheme of things but remember that Monday 4th wouldn't have counted as a working day for banks, so the 15 working days that would normally equate to three weeks actually translates to three weeks and a day if there's a bank holiday during that time!
  • charlieboycat
    charlieboycat Posts: 385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Letter from Yorkshire dated Thursday 16th April saying the transfer request had been sent to the old provider (Santander). Old ISA was still open and visible online last night after Santander's cut-off time, but was gone this morning (Thursday 7th May). The funds appeared online in Yorkshire later this morning. So exactly 3 calendar weeks, albeit only 14 working days because of the bank holiday.

My guess is that Santander is deliberately holding on to matured fixed rate ISA funds at the low post-maturity rate for the maximum time allowed by setting their systems to close/transfer 21 calendar days after receiving requests.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    edited 7 May 2015 at 7:09PM
    Opened in branch 23 April, transfers accepted despite official cut off date of 17 April.

Working backwards, it seems like they have processed things as fast as they could whilst being "old-fashioned"

24 April - forms posted to head office
    27 April - forms received by head office
    28 April - transfer requests posted by head office to building soc A and bank B
    29 April - request received by building soc A
    1 May - account closed and cheque posted by building soc A to YB
    ?5 May - request received by bank B
    5 May - cheque received at YB from bulding soc A
    7 May - funds from bank B sent by faster payment to YB
    11 May - day 4 of cheque clearing cycle

So I'm quite pleased with YB so far (except that I didn't manage to open more than 1 current account as I missed the deadline)
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    My experience to date,

Posted application forms/transfer requests and cheque 16/April

Received letter ""account opened, transfer requests sent to other ISA companies" on 2/May (letter dated 28 April)

My cheque has only been taken from my current account today.

Internet shows money still with original providers.

So say they got forms on18 April ( posted first class) it has taken around 20 days just to clear my cheque. Heaven knows how long it will take to transfer the ISAs

I telephoned about delay and was told it was due to large numbers of requests received following the announcement to end transfers in.😓
  • charlieboycat
    charlieboycat Posts: 385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My guess is that Santander is deliberately holding on to matured fixed rate ISA funds at the low post-maturity rate for the maximum time allowed by setting their systems to close/transfer 21 calendar days after receiving requests.
    I eat my own words. Letter from Yorkshire dated Friday 24th April saying the transfer request had been sent to the old provider (Santander). Old ISA was still open and visible online last night after Santander's cut-off time, but was gone this morning (Friday 8th May). The funds appeared online in Yorkshire later this morning. So only 2 calendar weeks and only 9 working days because of the bank holiday.
  • FOREVER21
    I think Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank needs to update its letters that it sends out to say 15 working days instead of 15 days.

I think they must have heard you. Got a letter from Yorkshire bank to day saying transfers in should now take not 15 but 16 working days.
    At least they got " working days" correct but they seem to be hedging their bets and now have increased the number of days.

I always thought that the agreed standards were 15 working days!
  • FOREVER21
    edited 17 May 2015 at 5:25PM
    Thought I would like to share/update my experiences with opening an ISA with Yorkshire bank.

Sent application form and 3 transfer forms by post on around 16April, letter received account opened but only 2, notifications that they had sent transfer authority to other providers.
    Asked in branch about missing transfer form told to contact their customer centre as account had been opened by post.

Whilst in bank deposited a cheque to top up ISA, made cheque out as original one sent in post ie Yorkshire Bank and then my name, told to cross out Yorkshire bank and initial deletion. Cheque then returned unpaid by my bank as apparently should have full signature next to any deletion( should have known this of course but like many others I don't write many cheques these days.

Although annoyed thought easily rectified go into branch with new cheque, but no it gets worse.

On Saturday got a telephone call from one of the original providers telling me they had received the transfer authorities relating to the two other building societies but not the one they should have had for their organisation. Also although they said they had received. 2 forms , I checked on line and 1 of the other providers had already completed their transfer.

So having applied on 16 April to transfer 3 existing ISAs 2 of them will obviously have to start again as soon as I can get into a branch next week and try and sort it out.

This is the first time I have used Yorkshire bank and I guess I spite of their good interest rate I may live to regret it.

Sorry for such a long post ,but I feel better for the rant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure