What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 20/03

Comments

• Thanks DNMS. I got it for the princely sum of £2.49 so reckoned it was worth a shot

Guess what I'll be slicing & freezing tomorrow :)

2 words - food processor!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2017 at 6:45PM
    Hello Wednesday Pennywranglers,
    Was awake at Stupid o'Clock with quite bad stress symptoms. Felt much better once I'd got up & while it hasn't been the most fabulous day of achievements, there was at least some bits of money saving:
    *Had my long hair cut back to a lovely dipped bob - Dry trim only - £8. I was actually embarrassed to be paying so little for such a nice cut.
    *My hair colour preferred brand was £4.33 in Superdrug instead of the crazy £7 it was last time I went in, so bought one. May go back & buy another one too.
    *Big carrier bag of oranges from the market for £3.
    *Posted ebay parcel. Another item has sold today.
    *Did next week's meal plans
    *Wrote shopping list.
    *Collected a small sum of money owed to me for some jars of my preserves.
    *Checked cucumber, pepper, tomato & aubergine seedlings. Even our house is too cold for them at the moment. It's dropped so cold here today that the fire will be back on tonight for certain sure.
    *Sorted laundry & ironed only what really needed it, which was quite a lot as I'd a few garments from my spring/summer stash to do. Pressed a 'Monsoon' skirt for listing on ebay, hung it up, then decided I may possibly like it after all. I think it makes me look dumpy, but tried it on with a sexier top to get a bit of shape to the outfit. Hmmmm. Better, but still not sure. Have hung it in wardrobe for now. Don't want to list it, end up getting about £3 for it, then wish I'd still got it to wear myself.
    *Did a few surveys. Only need £1 to reach cash-in on Onepoll. Very close on Ugov as well.
    *Sorted through vouchers for tomorrow ready for our weekly grocery shopping.
    *Pulled this year's forced spring rhubarb - only a small crop this year as I have probably over-forced it over the last few years, but very nice nevertheless & it's now been made into bright pink compote & some of it frozen.
    *Make a quick packed lunch for tomorrow - just a couple of bags of crisps & filled rolls, as we will be grocery shopping at lunch time & don't want to find we've spent £15 on a pleasant but very average supermarket cafe lunch.
    *Order a birthday gift for my Dad using some of my Amazon voucher stash (from a survey project I've been doing for a few weeks now)
    *Decided on cake to bake for Mum for Mothering Sunday, as we will be visiting. Chose a recipe for which I only need to buy 1 ingredient. She never bakes, so will love it anyway.
    I think that's it for today. NOT so good is mr f's discovery that his expenses claim was not signed in time to get what he is owed paid this month, so £200 down on what I was expecting for my next big budget day. Some chunky bills too, so will probably be boring you all with our tight April budget next week.
    OK, must go & progress tonight's dinner (which is 2 spare portions of something I made a couple of weeks ago........the freezer is definitely a key money saving tool).
    Bye,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening all :hello:
    Dying under real life, deadlines and work on top of everything else.
    FvD - glad that you're feeling better
    Love to you and the family Clootiesmum
    And HK - I find your attitude very inspiring. What an amazing person you are.
    Not much to report - I've lost track of spending, saving, eating, exercise and everything else. March 2017 has turned out to be all about survival.
    The mental health is good at the moment - just always pushed for time.
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 22 March 2017 at 8:50PM
    Hello all

I've been quiet over the last few days. At work, taking packed lunch every day, 3 NSDs, FPL and comps. Free lunch paid by work today.

Aside from that I cashed out £25 from iPoll - finally!

Cashed out £8.46 and got £32.50 in total off some shorts and a skirt in the sales.

Sold my DD's old bike today for £40.

I can't think of anything else to report.

Hope your all okay, LP x
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Today's list:
    Eat B/L/D from stores
    Stuck to the meal plan
    RMS correctly delivered
    FPL, Ashleigh etc
    Surveys
    Read this week's email
    Place order with wholesaler
    Free HE meet
    Entertained us for free
    Educated children for free

I did not light the stove as we were out for the afternoon, dd asked me to when we go back, I quickly reminded her we have plenty of jumper and blankets she could use.

Did buy myself and a friend a hot drink whilst we were out this afternoon as the HE meet was outside and it was cold and wet.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Annoyed I forgot to take a bottle of water with me yesterday so ended up having to buy one. Found some bottles of water in the cupboard (no idea how long they’ve been there though!) which are now sitting at the front door and can stay in the car I always seem to forgot to take one out the fridge when leaving in the morning. I managed to smash a bottle of wine all over the kitchen yesterday. Ended up cleaning out all the cupboards, packed a few things that I won’t be needing and chucked a few things out so every cloud and all that. I didn’t really get much done yesterday as I spent the afternoon glued to the news watching the horrific events unfold in London. What a truly awful world we live in.
    determined new ms – just a little at a time and I’ll get there. Wish I had started this essay ages ago then I could have applied the 10 minute rule to that!
    DawnW – hope you’re feeling better, migraines usually mean I’m tucked up in bed as the light hurts my eyes and seems to make it worse.
    Ziggy2407 and happy kitties – thank you glad to be back
    Foxgloves – I do that too with Ebay things! I usually think I’ll never wear that again, post it on Ebay for a couple of pounds and a few weeks later totally regret doing so.
    Crazy_cat_lady hope you’re ok and taking some time out to look after yourself.
    LuckyPenny – sounds like you’re doing great, well done!

I don’t think I’ll get much done today as I’m at uni all day then off to my mums to spend the night which is about 1.5 hours away (although last week it took 3 hours as I got stuck in rush hour traffic, must remember to leave early to avoid that. Today I plan to:
    • Check bank account
    • Check FPL / Ashleigh / Number plate lotto / lucky phone
    • Enter some competitions
    • PAD
    • B and D from cupboard
    • Charge phone / tablet / laptop at uni
    • Go to uni early to get a free parking space
    • Take dog to vets – poor wee thing seems to have hurt her leg and now has a wee limp
    • Text the lady I’m going to be moving in with to see if we can catch up this week and get everything set in stone
    • Update signature
    • Update spending diary

Hope everyone has a Tremendous Thursday!

Lx
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 March 2017 at 6:51PM
    morning fendi-bag-lady :) feeling sad that it's Thursday already on my week off! Don't have to go back to work until Wednesday but still feels sad at this point....

Today oh still has my car so that is skuppering everything! Had a message from ds when I woke up this morning to say he'll come and help me dig over the allotment on Monday so that literally will be the rest of it finished (am going to do a couple of no dig beds in hope of suppressing the pernicious weeds.

Haven't seen 1LL the last few days, hope everything's ok x

Plans for today:

* [STRIKE]list 3 things on fleabay[/STRIKE] listed 5 and sold one already :T was worth the 45 minutes effort I put in :D
    * [STRIKE]do load of washing & hang on line [/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]flylady[/STRIKE]
    * all meals from stores
    * sow some seeds - need to resow tomato seeds as I put them in the greenhouse when it was warm the other day then forgot about them and left them all night. When I remembered yesterday I went out to get them and they have all died :( my aubergine seed tray was there as well so there is a strong possibility they have carked it too!
    * walk to the lottie and spend an hour or so there
    * need to pick up a birthday card for a friend and post
    * might go for a run tonight or if not a swim
    * [STRIKE]finish my wormery :)[/STRIKE] just need to wait for the worms to arrive now :j
    * [STRIKE]check out garden table & chairs oh collected yesterday[/STRIKE] (£20 off of schpock :) ) store in garage but see what it needs doing to it. Hopefully just a sand down and varnish/paint ;)doesn't look too bad. Light sanding and a lick of paint will bring it up lovely I think :D

Ok that's all. Happy Thursday x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 March 2017 at 4:04PM
    Good Morning All

So tired and achey, today's little list:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Washing - All done (including mums)
    Ironing - All done (including mums)
    DS to footie training -
    Wait for freeglers -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning

Still cold and wet here. Think I'll go and light the stove when I finish here and open the doors off the living room so I'm heating the whole house for very little effort or cost.

Today I plan to:
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use
    Dry washing on the airer
    Not wash my hair
    Put kettle on top of stove for free hot water
    HWBs for children's beds
    Take dinner out of the freezer to defrost
    Stick to meal plan
    B/L/D from stores
    PAD
    NSD
    Ashley, FPL etc
    Surveys
    On going survey
    RMS correctly delivered
    Educate children for free
    Entertain us for free
    Make batch of porridge
    Set DW to run overnight
    Set WM to run overnight

Tidy house = tidy mind
    Sweep downstairs
    Dust downstairs
    Reclaim kitchen table from clutter
    Delete 100 emails
    Pack away empty jars

It would be good to get some other stuff done but I don't know what yet.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

You have all been so busy. Touched by the life stories shared on here - its amazing how strong the human spirit is to keep going.

Feeling positive today even though the weather is damp and dreary here.

In the spirit of full disclosure:
    I am so pleased with the outfit DD chose - my scouting around trip first really helped to keep costs down and away from the truly awful offerings in the shops. I maxed out my budget due to buying a few things on my own whilst scouting - but, they are truly needed as she has grown again and a couple were not suitable so they will go back. Outfit was £31 - skirt, tights (sale), top, Cardigan (sale) and handbag (not a necessity but she talked a lot about needing one and was so excited I didn't have the heart to say no). I had that high from buying which scares me as its so addictive but I am aware of it so won't buy anything else - the high isn't worth the debt. She looks beautiful in her outfit and is very excited about wearing it. The shortfall is covered by survey money so all good.

I treated her to mcdonalds as she was hungry - she has never been keen on fast food so I was surprised when she asked but as a one off I don't mind. I didn't buy myself anything. Plus got the half price voucher for legoland on happy meal box (which I had already thought about) so will have that as a target for survey money once next target done. Was a lovely trip out and she insisted on trying the outfit on again in front of my bedroom mirror - twirling DD was highlight of the day.

Today:
    *House work - this has slipped a little but won't take much to right it.
    *Washing mountain.
    *Breakfast and lunch from home
    *Work, Work, Work
    *Gym - use it or loose it
    *Dinner at a friends tonight
    *YNAB and banking app reconcile
    *Surveys - done. £5 towards new target.

Must fit in some work on the new raspberry bed too.

I hope you all have a good day.
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family