IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Just £16 to get off any private parking ticket

Comments

• Read the newbies thread :)
  • spj1975 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me please? Im new to this site, i received a fine for parking in a co-op store and took advice and ignored it, i have now received a county court claim form!! Any advice?

Please read the newbies thread...
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Great article in the Times today- effectively, no matter what, for £16 these guys will win the case for you ......
    What is the point of this?

This is a money saving website. No need to fork out a penny.

The members here have shown us how to win your case for nothing!

Maybe you have a connection with the "guys" running the £16 pop a time outfit (no doubt using this forum for their ideas!)?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Quentin wrote: »
    What is the point of this?

This is a money saving website. No need to fork out a penny.

The members here have shown us how to win your case for nothing!

Maybe you have a connection with the "guys" running the £16 pop a time outfit (no doubt using this forum for their ideas!)?

I disagree, many of the punters who come here could not find their backsides with both hands, let alone fight a PCN against Red Cow Lane.

I would also use them if I am were n Spain at the time as my internet connection is far from perfect there. .
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • The_Deep
    Now I am getting confused.

Is this the company that is under a cloud?

http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/

It it the same one as mentioned in the Fort Dunlop thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5004844&highlight=fort+Dunlop

The one with which Benefitmaster and KIFL have connections?
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Is this the company that is under a cloud?

http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/

Yes that's the one..
    The_Deep wrote: »
    The one with which Benefitmaster and KIFL [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] had connections?
    Je suis Charlie.
  • The_Deep
    So what happened? A few days ago it was the best thing since sliced bread, now it is a turd in the swimming pool.
  • bazster wrote: »
    Yes that's the one..

OK, it's going to become public soon enough in any case.

Parking Ticket Appeals Ltd, the business formerly operated by two respected members of this forum, and supported by myself and five other members, has been essentially asset-stripped to stave off a court action by us to recover over £25,000 believed by us to be owed by that company for our input.

Parking Ticket Appeals Service Ltd, the phoenix from the flames, is owned by the same person who is not a Forum member, and operated by someone completely different. As the new company is using the same website we helped design, the same template appeals we helped write and the same court defences we helped craft, without our consent, we clearly feel we also have a valid claim against that company.

Additionally, the new company has said that it will not honour the guarantees offered by the old one, despite operating from exactly the same website. Parking Prankster has now withdrawn his support for that business.

AS a result, both companies have, as of now, been served with letters before claim, seeking to.

1) Prevent either company from continuing to use the copyrighted material written by the posters involved.
    2) Prevent the new company from trading on the goodwill of the old one
    3) Recover monies owed to those involved.

None of the people involved in the action against PTAS (in either incarnation) are now involved in the PTAS business in any way.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am now associated with a business that will be competing with PTAS in whatever form it continues to exist, however, the legal action above is being taken by the individuals who are aggrieved.

I don't like having to resort to law, but we feel we have taken every opportunity to resolve this reasonably.
  • Neither of the two original people who ran the business are now involved, according to emails they both sent me.

When I asked would existing commitments be honoured, the person who I believe is running the new business told me that the new company had no liabilities from the old.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure