Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• Fizzydrink1807
    Options
    Hi
    I have noticed that there is an offer on Quidco for cashback with a sky movies 30 day trial.
    It says that it is available to new customers only.
    Now does that mean new customers to sky or new customers to sky movies?

Many thanks
  • Loz
    Loz Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I ordered quite an expensive item through a store but later changed my mind yet the cashback is still showing as tracked and due to be paid shortly. How come Quidco hasn't picked this up and declined the payment? I don't feel that it is up to me to tell them yet feel guilty receiving the money for something that I not haven't bought! I have heard this happening quite a lot recently. Anyone else had this experience?
  • susancoat
    Options
    I am not at all happy with the situation with AA home insurance.
    I had to wait SIX months for them to decline my cashback - if they say I didnt buy this insurance through quidco why am I still paying by direct debit for said insurance? Surely they could have "decided" earlier than six months. Now I have put in a claim and have been told it will probably take another six months! One year is really too long for what should be a straightforward transaction. As well as the fact it may even be denied then. Rest assured I will never use AA again if this is the case.
  • glenbois
    Options
    Hotel Pronto (if ever an inappropriate name was given for speed of cashback) April 2012, 10 months on and follow up from Quidco team is the usual cut and paste. Thank goodness they have responded with a bunch of waffle that gives no indication of when payment will be paid, doesn't give a response to my comment that I have started using TCB and has no opinion on whether the 1% over 180 days for cashback to be paid is accurate or will change when my payment is finally delivered.

All well and good in Quidco land, I am getting used to TCB, I wonder if I would have received more than the £1100 I have got so far from Quidco.

I wonder how quickly a 10 month claim will be resolved.

Patience is a virtue and I'm no Nun.
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Rosie, my pet insurance has been sorted now thank you, Home insurance is nearly six months now though lol!

Thanks for your help yet again x
  • The_AA_Company_Representative
    The_AA_Company_Representative Posts: 251 Organisation Representative
    Options
    susancoat wrote: »
    I am not at all happy with the situation with AA home insurance.
    I had to wait SIX months for them to decline my cashback - if they say I didnt buy this insurance through quidco why am I still paying by direct debit for said insurance? Surely they could have "decided" earlier than six months. Now I have put in a claim and have been told it will probably take another six months! One year is really too long for what should be a straightforward transaction. As well as the fact it may even be denied then. Rest assured I will never use AA again if this is the case.

Hello susancoat, this is something that we would like to look into for you. Please email the details to chat@theaa.com including reference FOR35486. Regards, The AA
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of The AA. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Grrr I am so not happy with Quidco.

I wanted to buy something from QVC so I went via Quidco as I have done before, clicking on their link for QVC and being told in a pop up window that they had recorded my visit. I completed my purchase, received an e-mail and checked later to see if it had tracked - it hadn't.

I've just received an e-mail from Quidco saying:

We noticed you visited QVC via Quidco but didn't actually make a purchase. Nothing float your boat? Just window-shopping? Whatever the reason, we wanted to let you know that if you complete your purchase now you could be paid 5% cashback.

I made a purchase! :(
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    littelwren, I agree with you. I got a very similar email from Quidco in relation to affordable mobiles.

Sending an email to say that I did not complete a purchase when I actually did seems bizarre - it means the website visit was recorded (in order to get the email) but the transaction was not recorded? To me this makes no sense - either the transaction should track or there should be no record of any transaction.
  • andrea_louise
    Options
    Hi Littlewren, Leanne,

I have also got a problem with qvc and quidco, my transaction tracked, last August 7th, bought an iPad for my birthday. Since then, nothing. Raised a support query on 19 January, and got the "if we need anymore info we will be in touch" since then nothing. And of course, there is no way to respond to the query you have already raised. Quite infuriating really. Also had 5 transactions last month declined within 24 hours of tracking. All cookies cleared prior to going through quidco. Think as soon as the outstanding transactions are either paid, or declined. Tcb and imutual will be the way to go.
    I have noticed a distinct increase in delay and far more declined transactions since 2010.:-(
    ]Mortgage 1. At start £46,000, may 1996 jan 11 £27363.58 :mad: Dec 11 £25,289.00 December 12 £21,882.68
    june 2013, £[STRIKE]18,948 18,182[/STRIKE][/ September 13. Funds available to clear the darn thing! Yay! :j
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    littlewren wrote: »
    Grrr I am so not happy with Quidco.

I wanted to buy something from QVC so I went via Quidco as I have done before, clicking on their link for QVC and being told in a pop up window that they had recorded my visit. I completed my purchase, received an e-mail and checked later to see if it had tracked - it hadn't.

I've just received an e-mail from Quidco saying:

We noticed you visited QVC via Quidco but didn't actually make a purchase. Nothing float your boat? Just window-shopping? Whatever the reason, we wanted to let you know that if you complete your purchase now you could be paid 5% cashback.

I made a purchase! :(
    If nothing tracks after 3 days put a claim in.

Might be a few weeks before they pass the claim onto the retailer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback