Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Comments

• chels wrote: »
    I'm finding the site very slow, after I complete a survey the site does eventually load but takes a few minutes which is ridiculous and rather annoying!
    I just did a survey there since I was on the page anyway and it did the exact same thing, spent ages with the three bouncing bars before it eventually got back to the home page. I did get credit for the survey though so that's what matters.
  • I am not having any issues with the site. I just completed an offer there without issues. Did you know they are offering a $500 amazon gift card? That is amazing.

One of the best survey sites on the internet.
  • I would stay away from MySurvey. This was the first (and last) survey site I've tried, and it was just horrible. They claim to offer 50-80 points per survey, and 525 points gets you £5 on Paypal or a voucher of your choice, BUT it seems around half of the surveys screen you out right in the middle; you are just abrubtly kicked back to the home page with no explanation. And most of the other half fail to give you any points at all. It took them over 2 months to respond to my ticket of missing points, by which time I had already closed my account.

On top of this they sell your personal data to junk mail distributers, spammers and cold callers. I even had an alert from Experian that my email address had been put up for sale online within a week of signing up with them.
  • Valued Opinions pay between 0.25p and 0.75p normally - There are odd surveys were they offer more.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nice summary, Switzerland.
  • Brilliant summary Switzerland :)

To add....

- I think Mintvine/Branded Surveys may have gone even further downhill. Although they frequently emailed me (anything between 6-8 times per day) I rarely qualified. When I did and fully completed surveys, after eventually being redirected back to Branded Surveys I generally got an error message to tell me that the survey had already closed or there had been an error. I tried contacting their customer services by email, their own forum and Trustpilot. They initially told me to submit requests via a form from my survey audit history, but the ones that I had errors with never logged in the audit history rendering this impossible! After saying as much (politely!), customer services decided to totally ignore me. After repeated emails I decided to sacrifice the 300 odd points I'd managed to accrue and clear and close the account. I can see very similar feedback from several others both on the site itself and Trustpilot, so would approach this one with caution.

- I was genuinely surprised to see i-Say/Ipsos at the top of the 'official' MSE top 25. Since joining, I've had a survey a day (if that) which have usually already closed by the time I click on them - this can be a matter of minutes sometimes. I've only managed 295 points since joining in early Jan. In the same time I've accrued 650 with YouGov, which the 'official' list seems to indicate contacts members more scarcely?!

- On a positive note: to add Survey Friends to Switzerland's list. They don't always email you with surveys (I often get 1 email, then login and find 3 surveys waiting!), but the points are generous and I rarely get screened out. If you do get screened out, then you're awarded with a compensatory 100 points. Customer services did take a while to respond to me when I wrote to them (about a week), but when they did, they apologised and gave me a personal and detailed response. Recommend!

- Also Maximiles - all surveys are offered via email and I generally get through the screening process. An added bonus is that in addition to the standard gift voucher fare, you can opt to select a specific item or experience as a reward - often at a much lower payout threshold - for example, a case of beer (not bad!!)

My verdict:

Top for generous rewards: PopulusLive, Prolific Academic
    Top for 'guaranteed' surveys (no screening process): YouGov, Prolific Academic* (screening happens prior to the survey being offered)
    Top for most interesting survey content/format: YouGov, Survey Friends, Prolific Academic
    Top for frequency/availability of surveys: Swagbucks, Prolific Academic. Note that you need to login and check the site though!
  • bill1944uk
    bill1944uk Posts: 12 Forumite
    Consumer Pulse is the best site for me. I have been with them for about 10 years and in that time I have earned enough to buy a fridge freezer, gas oven, 32inch TV, a top quality food mixer, sound system and I also renew my Norton security every year. All this is done with Argos gift cards which is my choice of payment. If you buy clothing, cd's and dvd's, mobile phones and beauty treatments, you get 500 points for every item you register and 500 points per week and 10,000 points is a £10 voucher that can be exchanged for a number of choice rewards. I am not sure if they are accepting at the moment, but you can find help at: help@consumerpulse.co.uk, so if they are accepting good luck.
  • Peeka
    Peeka Posts: 4 Newbie
    The website is super glitchy, the surveys conveniently 'fill up', become 'no longer available' or ends with 'we were looking for a slightly different profile' after you have filled in most of the survey. MANY are not recorded as being completed for this reason. Their 'support' DOES NOT deal with these issues, want you to do all the leg work and fob you off. AND TO TOP IT ALL they cancel your account so they don’t have to pay out! I had £30 worth of rewards (takes 6-8 weeks!) ordered after spending countless hours filling them in.

Absolute WASTE OF TIME. Stick with I-say or Pinecone.
  • pepperpop
    pepperpop Posts: 37 Forumite
    Hi there new to this which are the best online survey/task paid websites I tried signing up to figure 8 go in and see tasks set but says i need to log in then doesn't accept my log in? Any other i can try?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business