Link financial

Grrr, I was discharged from my bankruptcy in 2014, I did the credit file clean up and all my defaulted accounts were zero'd, marked satisfied/partially satisfied and moved to the closed account section. Fast forward 3 years and one of my creditors went and sold my defaulted/ previously partially satisfied account on to Link Financial :mad::mad:. I thought the whole point to getting the account marked as settled was so that the account didn't keep getting passed on :( Now I have to start the rigmarole of getting my file sorted again.

Has this happened to anyone else?

H x

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    It makes it much less likely to be sold, but does not preclude it 100%. Yes, it has happened to other people in the past.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there

As long as you were liable for this debt prior to the bankruptcy order being made (even if you forgot to include it in your application), you cannot now be held liable for it and it should never have been sold on.

You need to write to Link and provide them with details of your bankruptcy. Also if you think you did forget to include it in your bankruptcy application, contact the OR and tell them about it. This should resolve the matter and hopefully you'll have no further problems.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure