Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• 2 1/2 lbs LossYay at last my 2 stone award Did a food diary again this week and my consultant having looked at last weeks can't see anything wrong with it. So glad I persevered this week. Now to do it again next week. Rice pudding is in the slow cooker and stirfry for dinner so plenty of speed in that.
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• Hi I was going to slimmming World last year and lost a bit, got a bit discouraged after may a week of maintaining. I am hoping to get back on the bandwagon and would appreciate any tips to help along the way. Thank you
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Congrats on the loss and your 2 stone award Chocolate Teddy and welcome LynnMac.

Back from the work event, and I ate a little but proud of how restrained I was. Definitely well within my allowed syns. Now just need to keep it up till bedtime.
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    :T on your loss and your shiny teddy. Possibly you did absolutely nothing wrong last week but you just don't always lose week on week. It happens. What matters is just try not to let it get to you. It's so disheartening when you don't lose when you've been on plan.:)

Welcome lynn. Just post any questions you have, read along with us and if it helps post your menus too. I post mine every day as it helps me and hopefully gives ideas to others.

Ruthy1604 wrote: »
    PS Massive thanks for the quiche recipe up thread (sorry I cant remember who it was). Mine has mushroom, onion, broccoli, green beans and cherry tomatoes. DH was upset that it wasn't for his tea!

Funnily enough my DH saw it in the kitchen and put an extra mat on the table thinking it was another side dish. I told him he wouldn't like it! If it's the cottage cheese one it was tweets that posted the recipe and a pic.

I've been for an hour's walk this morning so doing better than usual on the exercise front this week. Hopefully I've walked off some of last night's chips. I keep thinking that I quite often have chips in pubs but these were extra naughty from the chippy so felt more synful. I can't remember the last time I went to a chippy.

Not much Speed left today before tomorrow's shop. I plan to roast all the bits and pieces I have in the fridge alongside the fish. I've got some LO cabbage to stir in the mash with a couple of spring onions to make a colcannon type thing. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: JP with cottage cheese and beetroot
    D: baked haddock, roast veg (mushroom, tomato, onion, peppers), mash
    Syns: squirt of syrup
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done chocolateteddy 2 stone is brilliant.

I did really well last week but I'm really hungry this week wanting carbs and heavy foods.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,387 Forumite
    Currently comfort eating my way through life, Greggs for lunch yesterday, McDonalds for dinner last night, KFC for lunch today, wine for dinner tonight.
    That is the frame of mind. Rejection is probably harder to take when you hate the job you are in or are unemployed. Could hardly get out of the car this morning without two people coming to yap at me.

I'll sicken myself at some point and snap out of it. Or if not I'll force myself to draw a line on MOnday.

Didn't weigh in this morning either was too scared too.
    Thanks for all the support etc. It just actually seems that I am never getting out of here - despite trying and trying! Seems I cant get any sort of job never mind the really good ones!

Was thinking as well last night, 2 years ago I had my weight totally in control and now I've thrown that away as well. This year all I've done is get closer and closer to my starting point.

I'll dig some CBT out of the archives and do that tonight - hopefully it might turn me into a normal, rational, half wise person that I am not at the minute.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    lantanna wrote: »

I'll sicken myself at some point and snap out of it.

I'll dig some CBT out of the archives and do that tonight - hopefully it might turn me into a normal, rational, half wise person that I am not at the minute.

Perhaps the way back starts tonight? :grouphug::grouphug:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Felt sorry for Southampton last night, maman – such a pity that penalty was saved. Sorry tweets.

Aw, that’s a shame, lantanna. Their loss. As others have said, they’re too uncaring to be decent employers.

Congrats on getting the job, Squiggly. The hard work starts in September.lol!

Great result, chocolateteddy.

Hello, LynnMac. There are lots of wise and helpful people here!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • candyapple_2
    candyapple_2 Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Yeah,found it :eek::eek:

Despite the fact that poster's name is clearly "ship r o b 195",filters have read it as obi.I had to read through 7 definitions, (the belt of a kimino,stalking on fb,etc) to find the one that MSE thinks of :eek:
    Urban dictionary can make anything rude! It had me stumped as well, I've not long finished reading Memoirs of a geisha so to me obi only means one thing (and def not that which UD thinks it is :eek::o )
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    a 1lb loss for me this week I am over the moon:j I cannot remember the last time I had losses 3 weeks in a row. I must not get complacent.

maman wrote: »

Funnily enough my DH saw it in the kitchen and put an extra mat on the table thinking it was another side dish. I told him he wouldn't like it! If it's the cottage cheese one it was tweets that posted the recipe and a pic.

Yes - it was the one with cottage cheese that Tweets posted. It was lovely and fillled me up at lunch so much that I didn't eat my fruit and yogurt:D
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport