Student loans and pensions

Comments

• Thanks for your encouraging updates! I have 5 complaints lodged with various companies. Lending stream have replied with a definite no and that complaint I have just lodged with the financial ombudsman. For 3 years I was borrowing increasing amounts until 90% of my take home pay was repaying loans and I could not get out of the cycle. I finally got there with the help of stepchange but 2 years on I am still paying these debts off. Harsh lesson learned.
  • I sent a email to quickquid and they say I need to write to them to gain the information I require about fees and charges etc.

I will do that, but are they entitled to make a charge for this

Thanks

Darren
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I sent a email to quickquid and they say I need to write to them to gain the information I require about fees and charges etc.

I will do that, but are they entitled to make a charge for this

Thanks

Darren

No, not normally, who has mentioned any charge ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    No, not normally, who has mentioned any charge ?

No one has mentioned any charges to get info yet...I was just wondering if they could charge me for getting the info from them

Thanks
  • woody53
    woody53 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Dazza sent you a message mate, I never asked for the info from them, I just checked through bank statements, let them do the work mate, they should have all the information they need on record, send them an email to get the ball rolling experience, quick quid did not play ball until the ombudsman got involved, but I have seen a recent report about them refunding, need anymore help just message me....
  • I'm glad people are doing this. Yes, it was a bad idea to borrow from payday lenders in the first place but let's not forget that their whole business model was and is designed around allowing people to get out of their depth and extracting more and more money from them.
  • Even though I defaulted on my last quickquid loan it appears I can still access the account and get details of loan etc.

So I added up the interest charges and the total is 210 pounds over 3 loans..

I shall try a claim and see how far I get
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    No one has mentioned any charges to get info yet...I was just wondering if they could charge me for getting the info from them

Thanks

No, they won't charge you for the information.

Good luck !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Letter being sent to quickquid today,.....recorded delivery !!!
  • Must give credit to quickquid and they have supplied some info mi have requested via email...m

Gotta look through it and see

Darren
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport