which courier to send laptop with ?

Comments

• mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    BM-AK wrote: »
    Another thumbs up for Parcelmonkey! Use them regularly. Brilliant service and everything has always been delivered to time and never missed any collections (unlike Interparcel who often do miss collections and take ages to rectify).

Using City Link via Parcelmonkey has always proven to be best value for me.

I never buy from any retailer that uses city link.
    To be fair, that's when I need next day delivery, but having said that most if not all of the companies I use don't send via them anymore.
  • Hammyman
    Hammyman Posts: 9,913 Forumite
    Apart from the bad weather before Xmas, I've never had one delivery that hasn't been delivered next day. Quite happy to send you a few hundred tracking numbers to prove the point....
  • Hammyman
    macfly wrote: »
    I don't disparage people who have had no problem using them, why shouldn't they continue? When things go wrong though, they are useless.

Every single courier company in the entire UK is exactly the same in this respect.
  • aldredd
    aldredd Posts: 925 Forumite
    Sorry for opening an old thread, but saves creating a new one on the same subject
    I'm also looking to send a laptop via a courier. I just wonder about the insurance cost.
    It's quite an expensive laptop, but certainly when I looked on Parcels2go, they wanted an extra £50 to insure the full value. Is it the same for parcelmonkey, as I can't seem to find out without filling in all the details - which I don't know yet (ie addresses)

thanks!
  • Aldredd, if you tell me the weight, dimensions and value of your package I will try and find a quote for you
  • jakemuk wrote: »
    What courier can i send a laptop with as many are excluded from the insurance ?

I used ParcelMonkey last week for the first time.... excellent prices! Collected promptly and allowed me to name the insurance value for a small premium.

Was delivered next day.... absolutely no issues at all.

Would recommend them 100%.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Hammyman
    aldredd wrote: »
    Sorry for opening an old thread, but saves creating a new one on the same subject
    I'm also looking to send a laptop via a courier. I just wonder about the insurance cost.
    It's quite an expensive laptop, but certainly when I looked on Parcels2go, they wanted an extra £50 to insure the full value. Is it the same for parcelmonkey, as I can't seem to find out without filling in all the details - which I don't know yet (ie addresses)

thanks!

Extra £50 for insurance? Bloody hell, how expensive is it, £10,000?

Parcelmonkey charge £20 for £1000, £10 for £600, £8 for £500 to give you some idea.

If it is £500 you're wanting to insure it for and the parcel weighs around 4kg, I'd look into Royal Mail Special Delivery. It'll cost you around £5 more than PM but their insurance is more willing to pay out.
  • or worldwide-parcelservices have good, reasonably priced insurance who will pay for stuff (don't know about laptops though)
  • aldredd
    aldredd Posts: 925 Forumite
    Aldredd, if you tell me the weight, dimensions and value of your package I will try and find a quote for you

Thanks!
    It now turns out I need to send it to NI (from UK Mainland), which I guess changes things a bit!
    But, it's approx 3.3kg, 27*43*8 cm
    I think I'm looking at about £20, + insurance
  • BaileyB
    BaileyB Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    I use RMSD for that as they charge NI the same as UK mainland, £22.70
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts