which courier to send laptop with ?

What courier can i send a laptop with as many are excluded from the insurance ?
Wannabe DFW NERD: Not fully fledged member yet !
HSBC Bank Charges Reclaim In Progress Total: £1462.56
HSBC CC Reclaim Total: £180.00 PAID IN FULL :D

Comments

• RedTulip
    RedTulip Posts: 103 Forumite
    Hi, my other half recently sent lots of computer bits with parcel monkey, insurance was very cheap with them and goes off the value of goods, not what the goods are (from memory) - they use city link as the courier.
    Here to offer help and advice, and maybe take a little in return.

Whilst I am happy to share my knowledge, I am in no way a professional... I can not therefore accept responsibility for inaccurate info, I ask that you take professional advice rather than rely totally the info provided by myself :beer:
  • jakemuk
    jakemuk Posts: 973 Forumite
    how spooky,

i was just looking at parcelmonkey, and seems to be good one :)
  • JPS29
    JPS29 Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    Hammyman sells a lot of laptops on ebay, hopefully he will share who he uses with you.
  • jakemuk
    jakemuk Posts: 973 Forumite
    hopefully hammyman will be along shortly then :D
  • jakemuk wrote: »
    What courier can i send a laptop with as many are excluded from the insurance ?

I sent one via www. thepackagedeliverycompany dot com
    When i asked if it would be covered by insurance they said as long as it was packaged correctly the insurance would be valid.
  • Hammyman
    Hammyman Posts: 9,913 Forumite
    jakemuk wrote: »
    hopefully hammyman will be along shortly then :D

Already replied to the PM but I use Parcelmonkey. Everything has been delivered, only one slight damage out of the 100's I've sent which TBH was down to poor packing on my behalf.
  • BM-AK
    BM-AK Posts: 105
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    RedTulip wrote: »
    Hi, my other half recently sent lots of computer bits with parcel monkey, insurance was very cheap with them and goes off the value of goods, not what the goods are (from memory) - they use city link as the courier.

Another thumbs up for Parcelmonkey! Use them regularly. Brilliant service and everything has always been delivered to time and never missed any collections (unlike Interparcel who often do miss collections and take ages to rectify).

Using City Link via Parcelmonkey has always proven to be best value for me.
  • macfly
    macfly Posts: 2,728 Forumite
    Doesn't quite make up for the scores of thumbs down for Parcelmonkey. And your post is one of two I have ever seen knocking interparcel.
  • macfly wrote: »
    Doesn't quite make up for the scores of thumbs down for Parcelmonkey. And your post is one of two I have ever seen knocking interparcel.

Very true, if people who post on this forum would just read the 100s of unset Parcel Monkey customers comments , no one in their right mind would use them!!!!!;)
  • macfly
    macfly Posts: 2,728 Forumite
    I don't disparage people who have had no problem using them, why shouldn't they continue? When things go wrong though, they are useless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure